Needle / Cutter Won't Move

ecmoore

Hi All;

I've got an email in to APQS on this, but no response yet. 2010 Millennium. I had a thread break, and now, neither the needle nor the cutter will move (nor do I have the "hum" that I usually get.) When I press the ON/OFF button on the handle (not the one by the power cable), the "maximum speed" indicator turns on, no matter what the speed is set to. The flywheel moves freely, the bobbin holder turns, but the needle up/down switch doesn't work either. The Fuse is intact, there's plenty of oil, and I'm really worried that something is really wrong, like a blown motor. The Horizontal and Vertical locks do engage, and the speed buttons do move the indicator up and down, I just can't get the thing to -start-.

Is there anything that y'all would check?

They called me back (Holy speedy, batman!) - they think it's a fuse. The rear handles match the front ones in behaviour. The machine is Canadian (I bought it from The Quilt Batt, when I still lived near there), but I've moved to Texas since - I'm going to try to find a radio shack and see if I can pick up the fuses, then test. Thank you both so much!

Angie and Nigel were absolutely correct - it was the motor fuse! In case anyone else runs into the same thing, the fuse really did look "ok" to my uneducated eyes, but when I compared the replacement with the old one, the old one was clearly darker. There was a Radio Shack near me that had one still in stock, but I also called Fry's, and they said they had them, too, for anyone near one of those. 

Now I can use the rest of my day off to finish up that wedding quilt!

Archived