Glide Thread - Question - Has this happened to you?

Hi Friends,

I typically use Glide Thread because I love it so!  I have many large spools in all sorts of colors.  I changed the thread today to a small spool of Glide without adjusting the tension - I just did my typical tie off and pulled the thread through.  The tension on this smaller spool of glide was so ridiculously tight almost to the point where I thought it would break.  I changed back to the white, did not adjust the tension again (was experimenting) did the tie off and the thread and tension was fine.  Could Millie not like small spools?? (lol)

Has anyone had issues with the smaller spools of glide and tension issues?

Just curious as I thought this was so strange.

Thanks Friends,

Warm Regards,

Patrice

p.s.  Happy Thanksgiving Everyone - I hope you all have a blessed day with family and friends. 

How is the smaller spool of thread wrapped? This would make a difference. I would think that you would have to adjust the tension when you changed to the smaller spool. I use the Hartley thread holder attached on the top of my Millie when I use smaller spools of thread and I always need to adjust the tension.

Patrice, I have used the small cones of Glide many, many times and have never had a problem with tension.  Did you release the tail from the "thread keeper" at the bottom of the cone?  The small cones are just like the large cones in that way - you have to pop open the bottom to get the thread out and pop it back before sewing, otherwise the loops can drop down into that area and catch.

• 2 months later...

Archived