Quilt Path Patterns

longarmhideaway

I buy from My Creative Stitches. DigiTech. Urban Elementz. Darlene Epp's site. Anyone who sells QLI format and unencripeted. Can actually say the best thing to do is find the patterns and make a wish list. They go on sale a few times a year. Get on the email lists subscribe to newsletters. Often sales are for the new patterns too. Check each site for free patterns.

Does anyone know if Quilt Path will have the capablilites soon to read all patterns?

I have approx. 270 patterns, and only 96 are DFX or QLI.

So going to quilt path is a very LARGE investment, cause of all the patterns I will have to buy again.

And waiting for pattern sales is not always possible, when a customer wants something they had before, but you had to change systems, and no longer have it.

Ann

You can import many formats to Quilt Path.  When I open my software and select 'Import', the following formats show across the bottom:

CMD, CQP, CSV, DXF, HQF, QLI, TAP, TXT, XY and Qdata.

I am not certain how encrypted files are provided by designers, maybe someone else can address the issue but I know they are not available in a format QP can import or read.

Carmen, any of the above formats can be encrypted by the designers if they have the proper software/codes. I do not buy from designers who encrypt their files. I decided on this policy years ago when I had my CompuQuilter and Sweet Dreams Quilt Studio decided to encrypt her files. The main reason for my decision was "What if I ever decided to change systems? Would I have to purchase all my designs again?" (Answer was yes!) Since I have changed systems twice, I am glad I made that decision. I feel the designers are only hurting themselves and there are plenty other designers out there.

Ann, a wmf file is basically a picture file. It isn't a file that a computerized quilting system can use for the actual quilting (as far as I understand). It is my understanding that the files that you need to actually move the machine head to stitch the designs are ones that basically only list the x and y coordinates in the proper order. When I was converting Statler files for the CQ system many years ago, the cqp file was basically a list of x,y coordinates - in other words, a list of numbers. What system do you have that uses a wmf file? When I had my CompuQuilter we used a cqp file to run the actual machine head and had a wmf file to show a picture of the design on our computer screen.

Carmen, as a little more clarification regarding encryption - the encryption code that the designers are using is the serial number of your actual computer tablet/system. My CompuQuilter had a number which was unique to my system and my IQ has a code (password) that is unique to my tablet. When a file is encrypted, if the code entered into the design file doesn't match the serial number or code of your computer/tablet, the file will not run. I hope this makes more sense. The QuiltPath tablets do not have their own serial number/code so a file cannot be encrypted. I believe the same is true for the computer system that runs on the HandiQuilter machines (ProQuilter - I think it is called).

I have compuquilter, no ungrades to the new pulley system.  I was just going through the files on my flash drive, and that's what showed up.  It is probably the cpq, on most of them.

I was trying to figure out if I could justify changing to quilt path, but as of right now, no way, to many patterns that probably won't go.

Ann

Ann, because APQS once supported CompuQuiltler before they went out of business, you need to call them.  I think they will convert your files for you if you switch to Quilt Path.  I sold a machine recently to a lady who had CQ on her APQS.  She traded in her old machine for a new machine head with QP.  APQS converted the files for her.  And they might even want some of your old Compuquilter hardware to use for cannobalization as the Army used to call it.  Taking from one machine to repair another -- for those APQS owners who still have CQ.

Archived