quilt patch update motor. Pantograph

Leida Glez

Hi.

How to update the motor of quilt path?

I asked for an update and I could not. Now do not know what I have to do to update it.

The second question:

This design pantographs in advanced mode, and I can not resize the width of the drawing, is it normal ?. No problem to change the height of the drawing, but the width can not be without changing the width of the top.

Thanks

Happy Holidays!!!

Hi.
How to update the motor of quilt path?
I asked for an update and I could not. Now do not know what I have to do to update it.

The second question:
This design pantographs in advanced mode, and I can not resize the width of the drawing, is it normal ?. No problem to change the height of the drawing, but the width can not be without changing the width of the top.

Thanks

Happy Holidays!!!

Hi Leida!

Are you looking to do a software update, or a firmware update?  

Software - When you go into Quilt Path look at the top of the screen.  If it says you are on 3.05.06 you are on the current update.  If you are on a previous update, you will want to call Grace product support to get your update.  

Firmware - If Quilt Path is telling you to update your firmware, it will give you a message with directions when the program opens.  The issue is that you can not see your black box, it is inside your carriage.  If you look at the side of your carriage that has the belt on there is a hole drilled at about the half way point.  Use the eraser end of a pencil and push the button in.  I kind of pulse the pencil to make sure that it registers that I pushed the button.  

In Basic and Advanced mode, you control the width of the pantograph by the number of repeats you enter.  If you tell us more about the issue you are running into we might be able to come up with a workaround for you.  

As Linda stated, there is a very active, private Facebook group for Quilt Path.  If you are Facebook friends with any APQS dealer they should be able to invite you to the the group.   Or you can private message me with your email address and I will send you an invite.  

This response is off topic for this post, but I am curious about the Quilt Path Facebook group. Do they have tutorials available? I'm having trouble finding tutorials for Quilt Path. I've looked at the APQS ones but would like additional Information. I use to have a Facebook account but had a bad experience, so it's been a few years since I used it. I think I would like to join the group but only if they have tutorials.

Lucey, most every response to a question could be considered a mini tutorial. And there are lots of questions and answers on the FB group.

As for tutorials, check out these two areas to start with, but I would also highly recommend joining the FB users group.

http://www.threadwaggle.com/p/quilt-path.html

http://forum.apqs.com/index.php?/topic/36436-quilt-path-instructions/

Hi Regina,

Facebook has it's good and bad points.  The good part, from a support standpoint, is that a lot of our dealers are active on Facebook and have it on their cellphones.  I know that I respond faster to FB because my cellphone notifies me when there is a post.  The QP Facebook is extremely active.  There are people posting what they are doing with the program, pictures of quilts, questions on how to do things and inspiration.  It is what drove the Tech Sunday post on my blog for over a year.  The reason that they were not posted in a logical manner was because I was answering questions as they occurred on the group.  The group has driven the blog and the classes that I teach on Quilt Path.  It's a great group.  

If you have not found it yet, you might want to check out my website, www.threadwaggle.com.  There is a Quilt Path Tab.  At the top is a a link to the compilation of Tech Sunday posts.  It has all the post from the blog with a table of contents and has them in a logical order.    APQS has a YouTube Channel, I am late to that forum, but have been shooting videos recently.  Right now, I have one video on my channel, but more should be posting in the next couple weeks.   

I know Facebook can be an issue.  If you decide to give it another go, I would suggest locking down your privacy settings and then not tell people you are back on.  I primarily use Facebook for my business.  I was very anti-Facebook for many years, because I just don't think people need to know that much about me.  But from a business standpoint it has been a huge advantage for me to be on it.

Archived