Primitive1

Two quilts finished....

24 posts in this topic

These were two that I asked for ideas on back in Nov and have finally finished them and gotten them out to their owners....like all of you, the rush of finishing quilts and then getting ready for Christmas has kept me busy....but here they are...

The first one is an older top that she wanted finished and since the fabrics were such deep greens and reds (solids) I decided to use a variegated Christmas thread and then just stipple the block backgrounds....she loved it!

The second quilt is a gorgeous wool appliqué quilt that the maker was very scared to send to a longarmer, she had always hand quilted her own quilts and needed this for a show in Jan and just ran out of time...I think I may have changed her thinking on using a longarmer as she also was very happy with it!

post-2653-0-09202700-1450965587_thumb.jpg

post-2653-0-36221400-1450965607_thumb.jpg

post-2653-0-85789600-1450965639_thumb.jpg

post-2653-0-33891500-1450965662_thumb.jpg

post-2653-0-74802300-1450965681_thumb.jpg

post-2653-0-73230600-1450965711_thumb.jpg

post-2653-0-79478500-1450965731_thumb.jpg

aedc2cc10e0045c5397509e8f6b74d4d.png

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sewmanyquiltssewlittletime/

Proud Millie Owner!

Sew Many Quilts - Sew Little Time

Custom Long Arm Quilting

I really like what you did with these.  Her applique was beautifully done then your quilting matched beautifully done.  Great job! Merry Christmas.

D92090BC49E8C634FED9A5815EF5ABB3.png

Serendipity: The discovery of something wonderful quite by accident while looking for something quite different.

Thanks everyone, I have to give credit to Jessica Gamez as when I showed my client the same quilt that she quilted, my client wanted the same quilting, so I got it close...Jessica really inspires me!

Proud Millie Owner!

Custom Long Arm Quilting

Beautiful quilts and quilting.  I really love the way you combined the feathers and piano keys on the border in the 3rd picture.

David

David

Thanks!  Also, thank goodness i was in VA during the tornado outbreak as it came really close to my house and did destroy one of my friend's homes...good news is that she is ok and was able to rescue most of her quilts.

Proud Millie Owner!

Custom Long Arm Quilting

I am glad to hear from you. We were certainly bombarded here with terrible let storms. We had no damage at the ranch but dallas area was bad.my prayers go out to all.

Judy Day

Love My Georgia  (aka George)

Vicki,

Great quilting!  I was able to acquire a huge bag of wool sweaters and would like to make a wool applique quilt for myself someday.  I was wondering if the background squares were a thinner wool or homespun cotton?  I've washed and felted my sweaters and also have some wool fabric scraps I've saved from various sewing projects.  I've not really done a lot of researching the wool quilts though and was curious.

Debbie

Vicki, beautiful quilting.  Glad to hear you are ok.  We're not in Virginia any more!  We're supposed to get 3/4in of ice here in Michigan  tonight.

Connie
Port Huron, MI   48060
APQS Sales Rep and Educator
Millennium with Intelliquilter (IQ)

"Be a good listener, your ears will never get you in trouble" Frank Tygr

sewsweetgator@aol.com
http://www.yoursite.com
287890c1690b93fca26ac74c1d32b308.png

Looks like you have a new customer Vicki, those are gorgous!

F55CA928B31BF9D50E35FB71F402EFB1.png Millennium/Circle Lord 402-450-8321 Designer of the 1/2" foot for Ult II's. 1sheributler@gmail.com

On 12/28/2015 at 10:06 AM, dlnewell said:

Vicki,

Great quilting!  I was able to acquire a huge bag of wool sweaters and would like to make a wool applique quilt for myself someday.  I was wondering if the background squares were a thinner wool or homespun cotton?  I've washed and felted my sweaters and also have some wool fabric scraps I've saved from various sewing projects.  I've not really done a lot of researching the wool quilts though and was curious.

Debbie, I am sorry it took me so long to get back with you, I am just now reading these posts...the background if you haven't already made this quilt was homespuns, which can be stretchy but gorgeous with the wool appliqué....

Proud Millie Owner!

Custom Long Arm Quilting

Being new I am always happy when an older post pops up and I get to see beautiful work that I haven't seen before. Just not enough time to go through all the older posts. This is beautifully done Vicki and if your work didn't convert that lady to a longarm user, nothing will! Love it.

signaturedimage

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail, but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying, 'Dang, that was fun'!

2017 Blissed Lenni and loving it!

Absolutely Beautiful Vicki,

I am also new to Long Arm and the site, so Thank you Mary Ann for bringing this up again..

There are so many beautiful quilts !!

Thanks everyone for sharing your talents.. Piecing and Quilting!!

Rosemary