Foot for ruler work

Good morning Regina,

I have attached a pdf of the interchangeable hopping feet for the APQS machines. When the APQS online store is back up, you can also find them there. This pdf will explain which feet are meant for ruler work. If you haven't got the proper foot for ruler work, you could damage your machine. I knew I wanted to do ruler work when I ordered my George so I ordered it with the machine. When my George arrived, I received the ruler kit for the stand up machines so I had to call and they sent me the correct kit and a package to return the one I received. You will never receive better customer service than from the wonderful people at APQS. I'm not a professional, so if you have further questions, you may want to contact the pros at APQS. Good luck with your Lucey, she's a fantastic machine as is all the APQS machines.

God Bless & happy quilting,

APQS INTERCHANGEABLE HOPPING FEET (2).pdf

Ruler work does feel awkward at first. Make sure you have a base expander to level the foot and don't push down too hard; this causes you to force the machine with the other hand because in essence you are stopping the base expander from moving with the machine. With practice, ruler work comes naturally. Start with small rulers and try not to travel past your hand where the ruler may get pushed out of place. I would think the Lucey came standard with the ruler foot. Practice and have fun!

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I tried using the ruler again last night, and it actually felt a little more comfortable. One of the things that I noticed was that when I used the ruler on the back side of the foot, there is a lot more vibrations and difficulty controlling the process. I now avoid that area of the foot and just stay on the front or on the side.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived