Roger's Inverted Prismatic Star

I quilted my 1st quilt on my new Milli! It was one made by my hubby, Roger. He used a pattern from Judy Niemeyer, only he turned the final four quadrants so the star was not in the middle, leaving me lots of negative space to quilt....I will admit at 1st I was very intimidated, but after a little planning my mojo came back and I had fun with it! Appropriate to have fun on the 1st quilt of a new machine!

24418678132_4a649b88a3.jpgInside out Fractured Star by -RoseCity Quilter-

24526974405_da5250db7c.jpgInside out Fractured Star by -RoseCity Quilter-

24231422100_fcbf3edd3c.jpgInside out Fractured Star by -RoseCity Quilter-

23900168223_e74c8c1564.jpgInside out Fractured Star by -RoseCity Quilter-

For the complete story as well as some pictures of our 1st attempts at Quilt path on my old machine, see my blog, https://rosecityquilter.wordpress.com/2016/01/15/rogers-prismatic-star-and-some-learning/

It looks amazing.  I really like how the circles on the back makes your quilting really pop out.  It is almost like a magnifying class pointing out your great quilting skills.

Are the lines around the feathers in the center free-hand or machine driven?  I am asking as I was thinking about trying to recreate that look on my borders to ensure that my outside feather tips are never cut off by the binding.

Cagey

That's awesome !    I just finished piecing that pattern, but not the inverted design like Roger did..........I'm anxious to start quilting on mine............just as soon as I work up the courage to start !    :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

What did you use for batting to get the definition?

It looks amazing.  I really like how the circles on the back makes your quilting really pop out.  It is almost like a magnifying class pointing out your great quilting skills.

Are the lines around the feathers in the center free-hand or machine driven?  I am asking as I was thinking about trying to recreate that look on my borders to ensure that my outside feather tips are never cut off by the binding.

Cagey

This quilt was done completely freehand. Computer not on this machine.

That's awesome !    I just finished piecing that pattern, but not the inverted design like Roger did..........I'm anxious to start quilting on mine............just as soon as I work up the courage to start !    :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

What did you use for batting to get the definition?

I used Hobbs 80/20 on the bottom and Hobbs Washable Wool on the top. My favorite combo for custom.....

Archived