Great quilting friends

I posted that I was back, and buying a used machine. So excited to get back in the groove. I made a statement that I wanted to start slow, and just wanted to get a couple of rulers, then start practicing. I received a personal message from Connie, "Gator", telling me that she now has a computer on her machine, and doesn't really use some of her rulers so she asked for my address. She said that I had helped her so much when she first started quilting, and she wanted to help me. Wow, first of all, I didn't think I really helped anyone. I know I asked a ton of questions, and laughed at myself a lot....anyone remember my attempt at McTavishing. Anyway, I guess you never know how you help people along the way. Today I received a box that seemed a little too heavy for a couple of rulers. Connie, girl, you out did yourself. I could not have helped you this much. Seven rulers/templates. and 2 packages of BOBs. I am truly blessed!!! Thank you sweet Gator  :wub:  I hope I meet you at MQS, cause I am gonna squeeze your neck!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Can't wait to get that machine set up and start practicing. 

Mary Beth, I'm glad you received the box.  I feel we quilter's have a special bond between us and are ready to help each other anyway we can.  Material things are good, but I really enjoy and appreciate the helpful advice, the words of encouragement and the ooos and awwwwws when our work is commented on.  Just knowing that someone out there thinks enough to read and comment on what I write is worth a million dollars or more. (whether it's quilt related or NQR).  Have fun with the rulers, my heart feels good knowing that they are making someone happy and not gathering dust.  Can't wait to see your first "new" quilt. 

Two weeks....Get ready. I cannot wait to get at it again. By the way, when I picked the box up off my front porch, I though, not my ruler. Then I read the name, and said, "What!" I ran in the house, threw everything down and the table and ripped the box open. I just kept saying, "What!!" The dog thought I was crazy. I am just blown away by your generosity. I promise to pay it forward!

Thanks Gator..   I'm glad I can be back.. rofl, just wish I could piece quilttops..

my progress at this point is sewing blocks together, or tumblers.

trying more complicated patterns now and this danged hand says, "Work slow!"

as if I have a choice.  :P

Archived