Sisters quilts for her Grands

I thought I would post a couple of quilts that my wonderful sister made before she passed away in October 2014.  She had wanted to give these to her grandchildren, but was unable to.  These were very emotional for me to get done.  Hope you can see the pictures ok.  I don't have a good way to photo them.

post-4174-0-04067100-1454172223_thumb.jpg

post-4174-0-42033400-1454172242_thumb.jpg

post-4174-0-15906800-1454172262_thumb.jpg

post-4174-0-97811700-1454172285_thumb.jpg

post-4174-0-30722600-1454172306_thumb.jpg

I am sure that her grandchildren will love and cherish them for many years to come.  Her memory and your love for both her and your nieces and nephews will live on and on.  Thank you for sharing them with us.  I hope and pray that you thought about all the wonderful times the two of you as sisters enjoyed over the years.  While painful, I am sure finishing the quilts brought pleasure to you.  

Cagey

PS:  I love how the fairy stands out on the back.  

Very sweet quilts and beautiful quilting. Sisters are pretty precious.  I have five of them and can't imagine losing one.  I am so sad for your loss.  It is wonderful that you would finish her quilts for her so her grandchildren can get quilt hugs from her.   

I can't imagine how emotional quilting these quilt were; I'm sure many tears of love and loss. I am sure your sister is smiling down upon those beautiful, wonderfully quilted quilts you finished for her with such appreciation. Her Grandchildren will cherish those wonderful quilts of love from Grandma and Auntie!

The death of a loved one always will hurt.  It just gets easier, and I think you

found a way to make the memories, etc., a bit easier.

I love the quilts, each for it's own reasons, but mostly for your choice of quilting designs.  Great Job!

God's blessing you for your dedication and love,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived