Sold

I bought this machine and frame in 2012 and before it was shipped to me the seller had taken it to APQS and she got a tune up and I had the bliss drive added to the table frame with the M & M wheels. I paid $9000.00 and another 3000.00 for the bliss. I bought the computer in the fall of 2014 for 9500.00 plus shipping and it's never been out of the box. I did open the box to get the manual off the top to look at and my husband and I never got any farther than that. Life just went on. I have quilted about 25 to 30 quilts on her. So if you look at it the machine and frame are only 7500.00 and then the computer at 9500.00. I hope that this would be an excellent investment for someone.

I think you'll have to disclose to any potential buyer that warranty and updates for the Quilt Path do not transfer to the new owner, even if it's never been out of the box. That will lessen the value of it, unfortunately.

I noticed when I first read your post that you didn't mention the Bliss system---yes, that is a valuable add-on.

Your math is good, but the distribution should be heavier on the machine and lighter on the QP.   ;)   A Millie the same year as mine (2004) was sold recently for $8500 with Bliss.

One thing you might want to research is shipping costs to various areas in the States and Canada. A buyer might skip over your post, thinking the shipping would be outlandish. You could give them an idea of what to expect.

Hoping you find a happy buyer soon! (Any quilt shops near you who might want to add a rental to their offerings?)

I really appreciate all of the information you given. I didn't realize that the warranty and updates are not transferable, which really is a bummer. I guess I need to finish reading the manual. Great idea on finding some shipping information on various areas. How would I go about figuring out shipping dimensions and cartons, etc?

Take a few pictures, then get hight, width, and depth measurements, finally you need approximate weights.  There are a number of companies out there that can then give you cost estimates to pick the item up, box it and place it on a pallet, then ship it freight to the new location.  My George table that weight about 150 pounds, was put on a 6 foot pallet, cost about $500 to ship from Detroit to the Orlando area.  Best of luck to your research.

Cagey

I think you'll have to disclose to any potential buyer that warranty and updates for the Quilt Path do not transfer to the new owner, even if it's never been out of the box. That will lessen the value of it, unfortunately.

Linda, I think you are wrong on this. If this Quilt Path has never been out of the box and never registered, the new owner will have to register it in order to begin using it (never registered before then all warranties and upgrades would apply). If this system had been registered with The Grace Co. then the warranty for upgrades would not apply.  At least this is what I was told when I was selling my Quilt Path. The warranty only applies to the original purchaser once the unit is registered - mine had been registered to DeLoa and had been used at one quilt show as a demo and that is where my problem came from. 

Neline, I would check with The Grace Co. to be sure.

Ok, I'm waiting for a reply back from APQS on any warranty and upgrades on the Quilt Path. Once I hear from them I will post the updated information. I did look back through all of my papers and I paid 1100.00 in shipping from APQS to ALASKA back in January 2011. I'm sure it will be a bit more to ship now.

please call me 225-620-6831

I am not sure who this person is, but they have posted this same message on my for sale ad and others.  Return their call and messages, but no response from this person.  Strange as they always post after midnite.... just kind of suspicious is all I am saying...

usually I get to look online when it is very late, no harm in that.   this is not a scam, i am looking for a long arm and i have responded to a few different ads online. I have talked with a few of you who have ads and i thank you for calling me back. i will be driving to pick up so i am trying to find the right fit. can't understand why this is a problem for some of you   Thank you

Archived