An opinion on Micro Dive handles

I got a blissed Lucey after using a Lenni for a number of years.  I kept the micro drive handles that were on the Lenni and installed them on my Lucey.  The handles are raised above the surface of the quilt more than they were on the Lenni but that turns out to be a good thing for me.  I can use rulers with the micro handles just swivelled up out of the way and the mechanisms of the micro handles do not get in the way of the ruler work.  Then when I want to have more control for feathers or intricate designs I can swivel the handles down and proceed. While I can get good control with just the u shaped handles with the bliss table, I think I do better back tracking on the feathers with my left hand on the micro drive handle and my right hand on the u shaped handle.

That is just my experience but I hope this helps.  Good luck!

Hi Mary Beth, I have Bliss and micro drive handles. I think you'll still want the micro drives for super fine work. Even though Bliss allows the machine head to move more smoothly, the micro drives provide the control you need when doing anything that requires a high level of accuracy. I don't keep mine on my machine because of visibility, but that's just me. :-) Have fun with your new machine!

I had the micro drive handles before Bliss and just couldn't seem to get the machine to move smoothly, so I sold the handles............after Bliss, I got them again and LOVE them..........so much easier to follow a stencil line or to do feathers.  

• 2 weeks later...

Mine came Saturday, Just haven't had time to play yet! Are you supposed to leave them on all the time, or just put them on when you need them? It looks like there should be a way to twist them up out of the way, but again, I haven't had time to play.

Yes put them on, then loosen the knob and swing them back and up, out of your way.

Archived