Recommendation for Quilt Pattern

I'm having a problem finding a quilt pattern with a pieced center block and lots of luscious borders.  My daughter has picked out the Glenbarry Manor  fabric by Northcott in blue and yellow as her main fabric for the quilt and she wants a more traditional quilt that has a pieced center block.   We also have a wonderful Batik in green with cream dots throughout the fabric which will help to modernize the look.  We need to purchase more fabric colors but must find a quilt pattern first.

I didn't realize how difficult it would be to find a pattern with a piece center block that would work.   If anyone has any suggestions on a quilt pattern, I would appreciate any recommendations.   I've looked through all my books and nothing (and do I have a lot of books)!     TIA.....Mercedes

Do an on-line search for "medallion quilt patterns". My guild had a BOM two years ago where instead of Block of the Month it was Border of the Month. Members started with a 20" square center using any technique, from one piece of fabric, to applique, to paper piecing.  Then one border was added per month. Some very creative and beautiful quilts resulted.

Archived