Farmer's Wife Quilt

I just completed a client's Farmer's Wife quilt:   post-11183-0-24939800-1455155994_thumb.jpg

It took 19 bobbins of decobob thread.   LOL   I love the colours she chose, and her piecing was outstanding.   

I'll post more photos on my blog in the next few days when I get a chance.  The lighting outside was just perfect to show the texture today.    More details are on my blog now. :-) 

Thanks everyone.  I'm pretty proud of this piece.  It's not perfect, but when I look back on my first year compared to now... ;-)  I'm always trying to push myself a little more.  I'm just really humbled that my clients trust me to work on their quilts.  It makes my 'practice' time a little more authentic.  

I am awful at tracking time.  Heidi -  if I can give an estimate,  I work for about 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week.   So I figure I put in about 45-50 hours on this one.   And then about 4 hours picking out some stupid tension issues...darn that micro stitching!

I love what you did with this quilt. Your quilting and the colors of this quilt are fantastic. I am making a "pseudo" Farmer's Wife quilt - I am making all 6" finished blocks, but I am not using the blocks in the book, although I do have the book. We'll see how it develops!

Archived