Need help again with how to quilt?

You could do more pretty feathers or you could do some line work, straight lines, angled lines like sun rays, cross hatching.  Just depends how you want it to look.  If there is a motif you could add and build around that is an option too.  My final suggestion would be to break the area up into segments and do like hanging squares (stitch the squares on point and then fill around them to make them pop) then stitch straight lines in the other segments to create a frame around the squares or whatever shapes you choose.  Clear as mud?

The house shapes can be marked into triangles using the adjacent seams. The smaller house can have 5 triangles and the larger house 6 triangles. Make sure you're careful to mark them all the same (meaning, if you mark a square and then into triangles, make sure when you halve it into triangles the lines match in each similar space---don't ask why I'm mentioning this... :blink: ) Mark the triangles and CC them. Use a more decorative CC if the budget allows. Feathers in the star points will be lovely.

I was just going to do a background fill. It is a little curl filler. I was thinking last night about changing and doing all the stars and outer ring with CCs then mctavishing or teardrops ,cross hatching in background. And channel in the outer border.

This is one I did she liked . Wanted hers quilted like it. Fine then had those house shapes.post-1280-0-06015100-1455308415_thumb.jpeg

Why not just divide those house shaped pieces in half (mirror image wise) and do your feather motif in each half.  The base would be a little wider.  You could do cross hatch fill or some other filler in the white areas.  To me,curly fillers go more quickly because you don't have to measure like you do for cross hatching.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived