Missing in Action

No really. Just so busy. We drove to Carroll, Iowa to pick up the machine, on Friday. When we left Kansas City, at about 6:30 am it was 27 degrees. When we arrived in Carroll, there was snow everywhere and it was 14 degrees, burrrrr!!! We took the dog, a lab who loves the snow, but it was too cold to let her out to play. 

The people at APQS are so very nice. They talked to me about my machine, about the turbo winder and did a demo. I was so pleased. 

My DH started setting it up the minute we arrived home, about 3:30 in the afternoon. He got the table together before he wore completely out. Late Saturday morning he was at it again. He was completely finished sometime Saturday afternoon, but I watched my granddaughters most of the weekend, so no chance to play.

When I had a few minutes, I installed the Red Snappers. While DH was setting everything up, I put 3 different meals on the wood insert to cook. So this evening, the fun begins. I will load the muslin, and start playing. 

So excited!!!!

Great news.  Keep us updated and we still need pics.  We love pictures.

David

I cannot figure out how to get pictures from my phone to this site. I will send them to myself in an email, then save them to my computer, then post them  :) It seems like the long way around, but it is all I've got  ;)

Marybeth I love your new signature!

Glide - perfect for those teeny pebbles or feathers. It keeps the stitch going even when you are in SR but not moving so that the tiny curves are smooth.

Enjoy your "Freedom"

I can't wait to try Glide. Well, really, I can't wait to try out the machine  :)  I wondered if anyone notices my signature. I though David would, since he thinks he is getting the Freedom when I win the Millie  :P

I am so happy for you Mary Beth. I really felt badly for you when you sold your machine and gave up quiting. I missed your posts and the help and support you offered me and everyone else. Glad you are back.

Thank you Lynn. It took a long time for me to miss it. I was really burned out. I am going about it very different this time. 

Mary Beth, I have had my machine since 2009..and paid for it quilting for customers. I had wonderful customers who never complained and were always complimentary..but the pressure of having to quilt even if I didn't want to finally led me to give up quilting for customers. I still quilt for a couple very close friends and am looking forward to doing some intricate quilting on my own things just for fun. Just don't let yourself be dragged back into the rat race. And that is easier said than done!

Most of my customers were gems. Every quilt has a story, and that was one of my favorite things about quilting for others. I think I caved when my mom had a stroke and a customer started pressuring me to complete her quilt. I was working fulltime, traveling 150 miles to help my mom, and dealing with trying to run a household. It was my coming undone time. Suddenly I felt in a panic and it seemed something had to go. Customers! Then the machine and all the goodies.  

Archived