I finally put my Swoon quilt (Thimble Blossoms) on Freeda - my most ambitious quilting to date  Continuous Curves in the swoon block; Curved crosshatching and feathers in white areas . . . I used the leftovers from making all those HSTs to make a pinwheel border.  I used two layers of batting - Hobbs Wool on top; Hobbs 80/20 underneath; Glide thread; Lisa Calle's ProEcho Rulers. 

post-4097-0-72737300-1456975756_thumb.jpg

post-4097-0-48071700-1456975851_thumb.jpg

post-4097-0-90744600-1456975934_thumb.jpg

Just beautiful.  I love the dimension that the double battings give but I wonder if it is too heavy to sleep under if you live in the south.  I think it might be for where I live so I tend to go solo with the wool batting and get pretty good definition but not quite as good as this.  You did a superb job reading and listening to the quilt whisperer on this one.  Absolutely love it. 

Just beautiful.  I love the dimension that the double battings give but I wonder if it is too heavy to sleep under if you live in the south.  I think it might be for where I live so I tend to go solo with the wool batting and get pretty good definition but not quite as good as this.  You did a superb job reading and listening to the quilt whisperer on this one.  Absolutely love it. 

Thanks, Jeanne - it was a lot of work but worth it!  I agree with you about the weight of the quilt.  After I finished and took it off the frame I realized how heavy it was.  I love the definition for quilting, but I really think it's heavy.  I have another big one to do for my daughter and will only use one layer of wool.

Archived