Thank for for all the prayers for me! Early detection is important!

This is the first time I'm  on here since my surgery in February. I'm doing well - not 100% but getting there.

After no risk factors, I was diagnosed with invasive lobular carcinoma in early January. My oncologist told me I shouldn't have gotten cancer - but I did. My breast cancer ended up being stage 2 and was hidden in the mammogram because of dense breast tissue. Thankfully I was sent for an  ultrasound  at the same time, which caught it because I couldn't feel anything! Know your breast density girls and it you have heterogeneously dense or extremely dense breasts , talk to your doctor for additional screening - it could save your life! It did mine!!

Thankfully no chemo is in the future for me - but 10 years on hormone therapy. I also have 1 maybe 2 more surgeries to finish the reconstruction process.  I actually sat at my sewing machine last week and sewed for the first time in months. This week I'm going to load one of my quilts on my long arm frame to quilt it to see how I can handle standing and working all day. I need to get back to work for something to do and also for the income!

Thanks for all the prayers ! Support cancer research - there WILL be cures in the future!

Whew, on the chemo thing!  That would have had you down for nearly two years; ask me how I know!  I am glad you are getting back to yourself and back at your sewing machines!  I'm sure that feels great!  Thanks for sharing your great news!  Rock on, from one surviving sister to another ;)

Archived