George is squeaking

Jill:

It may be the motor cover.  You can purchase rubber washers to place between the cover and the machine.  I did it with mine, and it helped what i would call a vibration sound.  Just take one of the cover screws out, saving the washers that are already installed.  Take the screw with you to the hardware store to get the proper size.  Hopefully this will fix your problem.

Cagey

It's a screeching sound that occurs when the needle goes down.  I think that it's coming from somewhere within the nose section. 

I changed the needle yesterday, but I believe that I have it in there correctly.  The groove is to the left, and it's lined up right.  I'll check that this morning to see if it makes a difference.

Jill

Jill:

Try running it without the needle, and see if it still makes the noise.  If so, I suggest you call APQS when you are in front of the machine.  That way they can listen to it run, and direct you to the problem.  They are experts and should have you up and running noise free in no time.

Cagey

I tried that, and it didn't squeak while I did it, but then it doesn't squeak every time that I sew.  It will happily sew along for a few minutes, and then start squeaking for a few stitches, and then stop again.    I just double checked the needle, and cleaned the bobbin area well, and It still squeaks. 

It's probably going to be like when you bring your car into the shop and say that it's making a noise, but then it doesn't make the noise while they are listening! 

It seems to only squeak when the needle is going down.  Maybe I can record it with my phone and play it back for them.

Archived