Looking for ideas

I'm new enough at this that I'm not shy to ask for ideas.  Here's the quilt top that my wife finished:

post-97056-0-35261700-1465090868_thumb.jpg

I'm stuck a bit on the big flowers.  I have outlined them and highlighted some of their major features, but that leaves a lot of open space around each flower, out to the surrounding SID on the sashing.  Any ideas for what to do with that open space, or even if it is useful to fill it?  You can see what I've done with the red border, so I'm not looking to fill the quilt with high density.  The plan in the big flower panel is again to outline the major flowers and leaves, then to fill the background with a whorled echoing, larger at the top and smaller at bottom (under the grasses).

post-97056-0-06697900-1465090869_thumb.jpg

(Oops.  This image ended up upside down...)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Eric

I would follow the motion of the colors behind the flowers with a side to side meander. Kind of like a flattened basic meander or water ripples. Then on the big flower grouping I would follow the colors vertically, almost like sun rays but slightly wavey. I do like that fabric and how it is put together!

Check out Andrea Brokenshire's work, she does beautiful floral work!

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've done a search both for "Andrea" and "brokenshire" and I don't get any success to find her. What is her handle here? I'd like to see her work!

Archived