Used the Hartley Fence to Transform this top,....

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the Hartley Fence!!!! 

It is perfect for laying out the groundwork for Custom Quilting!!!

Perfect Circles every time!!!! 

I use it often when trying to add another layer of design.

I took this quilt with some plain open space and just added Circles around the Dresdan Plates

By simply adding the Arcs on the outer rings,... It gave this piece a border as well as new space to fill

between the rings in the center!!!!  Some Feathers,... Straight line work,.. Stipple and Curly Cues

and this quilt went from everyday to WOW!!!! 

I used 1 layer of Quilters Dream Wool to make the design pop (I LOVE Quilters Dream Wool!!) :)

and of course,... Glide! thread from Fil-Tec

Thanks for looking!!! 

Love the layers of this quilt,.... the mixture of simple designs and formal feathers really made this quilt come alive!!

post-1299-0-52090300-1466741044_thumb.jpg

and a view of the Back,...... 

post-1299-0-23955400-1466741031_thumb.jpg

Thanks All,....

I was not sure how this one would turn out as it was on the Frame as I was deciding on designs,....

so pulling it off the frame was Highly anticipated!!!  The feathers worked perfectly to fill in the open spaces,... 

they block seams made for perfect spines to follow,.... and Heidi,.... I agree,... the dresdans look like Tuffets to me as well!!  :)

Wow...can you post a full picture of the quilt so that we can see what the entire quilt looks like?  Amazing

Hi David,... I will try to get a full photo and post later today,.....

Laura that looks fantastic!!! I have a Hartley Fence and haven't used it yet......one day.

Liam,... get it out and play,....  I use it to lay out the ground work on many of my custom quilts,... great for adding another layer of design,...

it takes some practice,... Myrna Ficken has a great handbook on how to use it,... I believe a DVD as well,... Check out her Website, www.aquilterschoice.com

It truly is one of my favorite tools in my studio!!

Will have to research the Harley Fence, don't have one and I love circles.  This is just beautiful.

Hi Diane,....  You can look into the Hartley Fence as well as the Perfect Circle Maker,....

You can talk to your local APQS REP to order,  or contact APQS directly,....

I LOVE my Hartley Fence,....

I have never used QD wool only Hobbs Tuscany wool. How would you compare them? 

Diane,..

I have used both and Like them equally!!!  Wool Is my go too Batting for custom work,...

It Quilts up beautifully and really makes the designs POP!!!  Great Loft in Both,...

and have found both to have Excellent Quality,..... 

Try them both and see which one you like best,.... 

Archived