metal bobbins

Hey kids. Anyone out there in the wonderful land of quilting tired of storing those old or not using metal ( not smart bobbins ) bobbins with the wholes on one side. If so, I'll take them. Text me or call or e-mail. 916-689-4992 or ztrbrg@yahoo.com. thanks. Zeke.

No problem, Zeke.  I'm not home this weekend, so I couldn't compare your description to my supply.

I have aluminum bobbins if anyone wants them.  They don't work well in my Turbo Bobbin Winder.

I am just starting and have had success winding my bobbins. (isnt that crazy that the bobbin wonder does not have an on/off switch.... I still jump when it takes off with my fingers touching it...). But, back to what you said, I would love to have some of your bobbins that you are no longer using. Let me know what you want.

I am just starting and have had success winding my bobbins. (isnt that crazy that the bobbin wonder does not have an on/off switch.... I still jump when it takes off with my fingers touching it...). But, back to what you said, I would love to have some of your bobbins that you are no longer using. Let me know what you want. 

Hi I have heard of some people that plug there bobbin winders into a power barthen turn the power bar switch off , then you can put you bobbin in flip the thing that winds the bobbin and just turn on the switch on the power bar. I hope this helps you out

OK, now I'm feeling really dumb.  It turns out that I like aluminum bobbins, and don't like the metal ones.  :wacko:  That's what I get for talking about stuff while I'm up north, 230 miles away from the items in question.

Sorry InesR and Sharon, I need to hold on to my aluminum bobbins.  They're actually the only ones that work well in my bobbin winder.

Zeke, you can have my steel bobbins if you still want them.

I'm going to wipe the egg off my face now . . .  :blush:

I had an old sewing machine that died, it had a power cord with an outlet on it hooked to a foot pedal. it works great for the bobbin winders, you can adjust the speed, start and stop with the foot pedal.

Archived