Poor stitch quality

Zora

I have a 2009 Millenium with M&M wheels. The wheels have the yellow centers. For awhile now, the machine makes very small stitches of poor qualit, sort of an uneven line..not terrible, but not right

either. .. going front to back and back to front regardless of what setting I use for stitch length in SR mode. Left to right was good. Now the stitch quality sucks going either way. The machine also seems to have more bounce than it used to. I used to brag about the lack of vibration the machine had. I have checked the position of the encoder, the stitch path...the needle placement and anything else I can think of. I called APQS early yesterday, but no response yesterday or today. I can't use the machine the way it is. Any ideas? ??

you probably already checked...but have you cleaned the wheels?  i was having problems with smooth movement and found some thread and lint stuck in the groove of one of them..like a big chunk......I have no idea how that got there...gremlins I think...Lin

APQS did not feel it is the wheels. She walked me through removing the back cover. She had me make some adjustments and my stitches are now smooth and even, and accurately reflect the stitches per inch settings. I have a few things to check on the table. I am planning to have a house call by Dave Jones as soon as that works for us both. He can evaluate the wheels. But I am not getting any of the drag others describe. I just loaded a quilt of my own to see how it performs on an actual quilt.

Nice. & interesting. The first time I encountered yellow jackets the machine acted just like yours. Hard to move front to back, but then again the machine was a few years old. If you feel grinding in your bearings, then they're bad. Food for thought. Or maybe a sandwich. Zeke.

The machine was not hard to move. The stitches just didn't look good. There is still a little more bounce than it used to have is all. I will work on the table as suggested. And I will keep watch on those "yellow jacket" wheels. Thanks Zeke.

Archived