Bobbin winder troubles

hbuchwitz

Help!  I have a new Lucey, it works great with pre-wound bobbins, but you can't currently get the white bobbins pre-wound from Superior so I got some BottomLine to wind my own.  I got the standard "deluxe" bobbin winder.   APQS set it up for me in person, he wound one bobbin and it was wonky so he made an adjustment.  I can NOT get it to wind properly!!!!!  The thread seems to come out of the tensioner discs as soon as the thread starts being pulled through.  Driving me crazy & I've wasted quite a bit of thread now.  Any thoughts?

I have 2 photos of a bobbin it wound (overwound imo), and then I did another but didn't take a photo - I stopped it part way in.  I realize the thread isn't through the 2nd hole in the photo but it was when winding & this was my finger troubleshooting to see what was happening.... still can't figure out why/how but it's coming out of the tension discs.

Thanks!

Heather

post-97189-0-84250000-1469325865_thumb.jpgpost-97189-0-60697000-1469325868_thumb.jpgpost-97189-0-31827200-1469325871_thumb.jpgpost-97189-0-96433700-1469325873_thumb.jpg

and sorry - these all flipped sideways when I attached them.

I should have thought of that because that's what I do on my Janome.... it kinda works now - the bobbin wound - I assume tightly - it's at least not a tangly mess.  But the thread still came loose at the top of the tensioner & fell into the spring area but the 2nd loop around stayed put.   So still need something.  grr

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad your bobbin winder works now - don't get discouraged, when I was a newbie it seemed as if everything that could go wrong - did!  It seemed like I was always on the phone to Amy!  As time goes on you'll be able to figure things out by yourself.  Keep going, Heather!

Thanks Leslie!  I think it's a mark of how much I'm using it already - I had an easy first few weeks & after being out of town for a week I've had a few problems as I change things out etc.  I'm really looking forward to my 2 classes with Dawn - but I'm not scheduled until October for that!!!

Archived