Help, my needle won't bring up bobbin thread

I need help, husband is throwing his hands up . He has tried retiming 3 times and my needle won't pick up the bobbin thread. I was sewing yesterday using IQ and all of a sudden I started getting big stitches and IQ started skipping stitches and broke a needle. After I changed needles the new needle was hitting the bobbin case so I watched the video and retimed 3 times. Now the needle goes up and down without hitting when I turn the flywheel manually but it won't pick up the bobbin thread. I am at a loss. Anybody have any suggestions?

Machine is a 2016 Freedom and I was just getting used to it. 

Jeanne

Also, make sure that you (and your hubby) are timing your hook to meet the needle on the UP movement of the needle, not the DOWN.  It's easy to move the flywheel the wrong direction when doing that part of timing, and it just doesn't put the needle and the hook in the right place together.

Jeanne

If you put a location in your profile when you get a chance maybe someone would be willing to come help you time your machine (I would if I'm close). It is not hard after you have done it once just take your time and follow the video exactly. I think my first time took me a couple of hours to get it right now I can do it in about five minutes.

Nigel

Archived