Bliss table

Is there a lot of difference in using a Lenni with a bliss table than without one? I was told that with the lenni I would not need the bliss table because the lenni is so much lighter it glides well on its own.

And if it does make a big difference where do you get a bliss system?

Shelia, I don't know about the weight of the Lenni making the Bliss system unnecessary, but you buy the system from APQS.  Mu understanding is that newer tables can have their rails replaced with Bliss rails, but older tables have to be replaced entirely.

I bought my Lenni last year without ever using a long arm before. I think I should have done a test drive but where I am there are no dealers. The one in Maine has a Millie that she uses for her business out of her home. There is a dealer in N.H. But again it is a long way to travel to try out a machine. I wish I had bought the bliss system when I bought my machine.

Are you having problems with the machine moving smoothly? Do you feel it's too heavy for easy use? There are several other options to try before you invest in a Bliss system. Adjusting the wheels can make a difference in the ride. Replacing the wheels also. You should be able to tweak things to make sure everything is adjusted correctly. A new Lenni, properly adjusted, should work well for you unless you have (or start having) back or shoulder problems. I retro-fit Bliss on a Millie in 2012. Great investment and it really extended my quilting years. But the Millie is heavier than your Lenni, so I can only offer things to try. Good luck.

Linda,

I am not have problems with shoulder or back but when I use the machine it seems to vibrate some and seems to be jerky too. My husband put my lenni together so maybe I should see about adjusting in a few places. The wheels should not need replacing because I have not used it that much. I bought it in October but was in Florida for a couple of months and I am only doing my own quilts and a couple of friends quilts. It just is not moving as smoothly as I think it should be moving.

There is a way to loosen the rollers on the basic system (no bliss).   I can go take a photo later but 2 of the wheels have a nut that is off center.  If you adjust that it moves the wheels closer/farther from the rail making it flow smoother/harder (left-right I think - the front/back doesn't have the adjustment - or the other way around).  I'm close to Des Moines so rather than the freight charge I paid a delivery setup charge & Bob with APQS had me test it out & adjusted those to my liking before he left.   Have hubby find those.

Linda,

I am not have problems with shoulder or back but when I use the machine it seems to vibrate some and seems to be jerky too. My husband put my lenni together so maybe I should see about adjusting in a few places. The wheels should not need replacing because I have not used it that much. I bought it in October but was in Florida for a couple of months and I am only doing my own quilts and a couple of friends quilts. It just is not moving as smoothly as I think it should be moving.

I got a new Lenni in May of this year. (with bliss). But, when I first started, I had the brake on (in the back), not a lot, but enough that it was grabbing. Loosened that up as far as it would go and noticed a big improvement. I also have learned that when in stitch regulation, if you go to slow, it seems to be twitchy. Don''t go to fast, but find your speed. If I am doing something tiny, I turn the stitch regulation off. Just some things I have learned from a newbie. And believe me, I have struggled whether I made the right decision, good days and bad days, but my bad days are fewer. And, don't be surprised when you go take your class, that machine will feel different, at least mine did. Found I was a little prejudiced against their machine, mine felt better "). Hopefully that is where you will be soon!

What thickness of batting are you using? I was reluctant to adjust the hopping foot at first. With a thicker batting you will feel more drag if you don't raise your hopping foot. Also, your hopping foot needs to be level. My Lenni likes my hoping foot to be 2 business cards high for cotton batting. Occasionally I have customers that have not pressed their seems well so my hopping foot hits them. I have had to level the hopping foot several times after hitting those seams.

I have used quilters dream wool and warm and natural Batting. I really think it is the way the Maxine head moves so my husband is going to work with me and try to adjust the wheels. I am hoping that help but if it I will adjust the hopping foot.

Thank you for your help.

Archived