Pick up canvas tangles

If my canvas is a  wider than my quilt (i.e. baby quilt), I use my roller clamps (not really a clamp, just a half piece of pvc, kind of like a headband for hair) to hold the ends in place.  Yes, the canvas will roll over the clamps as you roll but holding the canvas on the bar should help a lot with your tangles.  I watch my rollers and if I see the canvas misbehaving, I rub my hands across it to smooth out.  Hopefully, this isn't totally confusing, it's hard to explain.  If you don't have gadgets, you can use masking tape to hold the canvas in place.  I'm at work so I can't post pictures.

If my canvas is a  wider than my quilt (i.e. baby quilt), I use my roller clamps (not really a clamp, just a half piece of pvc, kind of like a headband for hair) to hold the ends in place.  Yes, the canvas will roll over the clamps as you roll but holding the canvas on the bar should help a lot with your tangles.  I watch my rollers and if I see the canvas misbehaving, I rub my hands across it to smooth out.  Hopefully, this isn't totally confusing, it's hard to explain.  If you don't have gadgets, you can use masking tape to hold the canvas in place.  I'm at work so I can't post pictures.

I think Jamie Wallen has these for sale on his website.  They definitely help!

I just walk around and straighten it. If you straighten it as it hapoens, you won't have the problem throughout the whole quilt. It seems to just happen at the beginning..and if your quilt brake is still engaged too tightly when you roll.

Archived