Wanted: long arm system within day's travel of NW Louisiana

Guest Sharonchandle@yahoo.com

I'm a fairly young disability retiree with limited income looking for a good quilting system with either smart robotics or the capability of adding them. My space will accomodate a 12 ft frame, but a 10 ft frame is fine if it allows for king-size quilts. I've been reading about the Baby Lock Crown Jewel, the TinLizzie Ram and the HQ Avante and like their looks and features.

I will be attending the Houston Quilt show in 3 weeks and anticipate coming home with a system if I dont find something amazing before then. If you have that amazing something you aren't using please consider making me an offer I can't refuse. I'd love to drive over and go over the units with you in person. If you are a dealer and want me to see your show display, please send me your booth location. My limit is based on the system itself, but living on a pension, I have to be a smart buyer.

I appreciate your help, time and attention.

Sharon

Sharonchandle@yahoo.com

Sharon,

I am an APQS retailer, located in Petal, MS.  I currently have several machines that I brought in for a local quilt show this past weekend.

I would love to talk to you a little about some machines that might fit your need.  Feel free to give me a call at 601-297-1841 tomorrow or anytime this week or email me at thequiltedpetal@gmail.com.

Thanks so much and I look forward to talking with you!

Betty Reid

The Quilted Petal

APQS Retailer

601-297-1841

thequiltedpetal@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

I have a used Queen Quilter 18 by Tin Lizzie. It is 8 years old. I have the instructional CD. It comes with an attached bobbin winder, stitch mode regulator, ruler extended base for doing ruler work, a laser stylus for pantos. It is on a 10' Grace frame. My husband made a light bar for it, which I'm including that comes with LED lights.  I also put LED lighting on the head to give additional lighting.  I have reduced the price to $4500 and would be willing to deliver it to your house. 

post-97275-0-92658200-1477403253_thumb.jpg

post-97275-0-47578100-1477403259_thumb.jpg

post-97275-0-81791100-1477403264_thumb.jpg

post-97275-0-95820200-1477403269_thumb.jpg

post-97275-0-24908400-1477403275_thumb.jpg

post-97275-0-03045600-1477403280_thumb.jpg

Thank you Susan. It sounds good except for the Grace frame...I'm hoping for a commercial frame. I will know more after I get back from the Houston quilt show next week. I'm keeping your information handy just in case.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Patty Swatzell

I am not sure how far away you are from me but might be able to work something out. I have an Avante 18 Longarm and Pro-stitcher. I bought it new in 2011 and has 1 million stitches +. Selling because of health reasons. Asking $15,000 or offers. I live near Chattanooga, TN.

Guest LouisianaMudcat

I'm looking for older models due to my own health issues, but thank you Patty. I'm going to have to keep the cost to a minimum. I've just gotten out of the hospital again, but it gave me time to think.

I want a well-cared for machine with regulator and a 12' metal, preferably commercial frame. I want to spend less than $7,000. As long as the equipment has been cared for, i don't mind a few miles or years....we should make a decent pair, in that case.

I know the chances of finding robotics for that amount are slim, but, as I say, I don't mind an older machine as long as it checks out with a tech. Also, I have 2 dealer friends i can clear a machine through before committing to a purchase now. (Thanks, B and MO.)

Models I especially like: Millie, Freddie, BabyLock Crown Jewel. However, I am open to any quality used machine.

Many thanks to all you wonderful folks trying to help.

there is a demo Larry on the used list for $7500. I think...take a look. I know you want the Millie or Freddie and I don't blame you, I have had the Millie, now have the Freddie, and plan to have the Millie again someday. Look down through the for used machines for sale....go way back in the list. You never know what you will find.

Guest LouisianaMudCat

Thanks, Mary Beth. I call myself combing those older lists. I have a problem with people not answering my inquiries. I guess the machines are sold or off the market, but who knows?

I am currently quilting off my Brother Dream Machine and outrunning it. I would rather wait and get a Millie or Freddie and have a machine that I wont be outgrowing again so soon. You know, I asked for a machine within a days drive of home, but for the right machine, i would travel further. I am retired, so I can hang around for instructional classes if offered.

Thanks very much for your help. I really do appreciate it.

Sharon.

Guest LouisianaMudcat

Ive sold some quilts and have a little more to offer for a Millie or Freddie. I need to find a good machine within a day's drive of NW Louisiana...if you have a good used system for $9000 or less, please let me know, especially if it has robotics.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived