Retired and open for Business

I was laid off last month and have decided to retire from the corporate world and I am loving it already. God has blessed with Miss Millie and I have officially opened BlissQuilter.com for long arm quilting services & much more. Attached is my first paid quilt. Quick Panto for Jean who is in one of my Bee's.

post-36456-0-25997800-1476712299_thumb.jpg

post-36456-0-67375000-1476712397_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your new endeavor!!

I am hoping to do the same as soon as I decide to retire, which may be anytime I get fed up with working.  Right now I have decided to stick it out a little longer but you never know when I may decide I have had enough.   It is nice to know that we have a useful talent that can be used to make money while we do what we love to do.

I wish you all the success in the world, and you may find out that this is the best thing that could have happened.  Making that decision to retire is very hard.  Good Luck

• 4 weeks later...

David you were correct - God has open the LA Quilting Door for me and the quilts are falling my way.

I have received many quilts from some of the best quilters in Houston. I am booked until the end of the year and taking reservations for Jan 2017. I will have a booth at our Local Guild Show in March and I know I will do well after the word gets out.

I was at a retreat last week and spoke with the retreat owner and she has given me 2 quilts and said there is more to come. She has 60 retreats scheduled for 2017 and I am sure I will see plenty from her referrals.

Thank you all for your prayers and warm wishes.

Archived