Had to race for home after work

I have been watching the tracking on some Circle Lord templates, because they are coming in on a "need to know" status. My husband doesn't need to know :D 

About 2:20 pm I get a text message telling me that he is going to try to get off work at 3:00 PM today. WHY? WHY?? WHY???? Ugh!!! I get off at 3 pm too. I was sweating bullets for about 45 minutes. I checked the tracking....yep....delivered!!! As I was walking to my car, I sent him a quick text....So, ya getting off work early?  Waiting.....waiting....running to the car.....Then the message comes in....No, something came up....I have to stay at work. Whew.....See, I don't need to go to the gym, my heart rate goes up quite fast.

Michael put the pattern boards in big cardboard boxes. Our trash day is Monday....what is today. Yes, that is right, I have a week to try to hid those big boxes. There are only 2 boxes, but they are pretty good size. I really need to keep them for putting under my vintage machines when I work on them. Maybe I could cut them into smaller pieces and he won't notice.

That is too funny!  My husband jokes that there is some guy in a brown truck and brown uniform that keeps leaving gifts for me on our doorstep - he must be my "other boyfriend." And somehow the boyfriend in brown knows EXACTLY what I want - the right color fabric, the exact ruler I've been talking about, the correct color of thread to match the project I'm working on. It is a miracle!

Oh, right now I am working on a Singer FW. But she is kind of sick and it may take a bettter surgeon than I. Next will be my great grandmother's "Brand new Singer sewing machine". I knew this one would be mine someday. I will begin working on her in a week or so. She is a treadle, which I plan to use. I have 3 Singer 301s and my favorite a Singer 201-2. I have a Willcox and Gibbs that I think is the cutest machine ever. She is a treadle in a very old cabinet.  I also have a couple of treadles that are going out the door. And an electric White that is leaving. I love vintage machines.

so this brings up a good question for me.....We are getting ready to move and I have a collection of sewing machines that belonged to my grandmother, mother-in-law, and some others and I'm not sure what to do with them.  Some are in good condition, others, not-so-much.  I'm absolutely NO GOOD at ebay or Craig's list and don't really want to learn.  Is there a website that specializes in buying and selling vintage machines?   I can probably get one of my sons to help me, but I'm not at all technologically friendly.  Any suggestions????

once I bought a portable machine from a lady on CL. When I went to look at, she said that the one under it, in a nice cabinet was free. Really?! So, I took it too. We started to slide it into my backseat of my car, and she said we need to put the seatbelt on it. I told her that was not neccessary since it would only bump the front seat if it tipped forward. The whole time I am saying this, she it strapping it in. Alrighty then.....When I got home I tried to get it out and the seatbelt has tighened up and I could not budge it. I could not unbuckle it. I could not do anything but panic. Even though it was free, I still only have so much room in my house. So, I tried and tried, and I still couldn't get it out. So I pulled my car out of the driveway, and backed it in, that way the passenger side (where the machine was) was on the opposite  side that he would be walking by on his way through the garage. I had worked so hard to get that machine out, the I turned it, so now the legs were pushing into the headliner of my car. When I got to work the next day, I asked a guy there if he could take a look at it when he went to lunch. He did. He could not believe the mess, and he could not help me. I though I was going to have to break the legs off the cabinet to get it out, because I was not going to let it ruin my headliner. That afternoon when I got home, my neighbor came over, and we went out and worked on it. Then she callled her husband in, and finally he got it out without tearing the entire car apart. Whew!!!

I have never attempted to use them. I liked the cabinet on one, a lot, but since then one side of the front came off. As far as the machines go, I assume they are good. Normally, I have found that they just need to be cleaned up and they are good to go. You are welcome to come and look at them. I will be happy to have my husband help you load them up :P 

Archived