Cant Post Pictures

When you start a new message, then go to the bottom of the page where it says Attach Files, select Browse, This will take you to your files on your computer, find the picture you want to post and select it. Then you should see the file name in the space next to browse. Under that select Attach This File. It should add it to your message.

If you want to attach a picture from a website, like Facebook, you select the little chain from the bar above.

For some reason I cannot attach a picture because it says undefined.

You can also reply to someones post with a picture, but you cannot do it with a quick reply, you must go to "Reply to this topic"

Hello Everyone,

We're sorry that the Forum software has been causing issues with photo uploads. The issue was related to a security problem and has been resolved.

Because of ongoing issues with the current Forum software, we must perform a software upgrade very soon. This could result in some changes to the way the Forum appears and functions but we will do everything we can to keep all the features that are important to our users.

The new Forum software is being user-tested right now. We anticipate making the change-over fairly quickly once testing is complete. However, the change-over will result in a "black-out' for a couple of days when the current Forum will be shut down to migrate all the topics and threads over to the new site. We will alert you about when that will happen so you can prepare in advance.

Thank you for your continued support of APQS and of each other through the Forum--it truly makes our "family" such a close-knit group!

• 2 months later...

Vicki:

I believe the picture file format may be your issue.  I tried posting large photos during testing, and never had an issue, 10.36 MB is a large detailed picture.  These are the allowed file types.  Make sure it is one of them;  GIF, JPEG, JPG, PNG.  

Accepted file types gif, jpeg, jpg, png · Max total size 10.36MB

Cagey

Corey:

First you need to go to the primary weblink with all the different forums; http://forum.apqs.com/index.php?/forum/3-welcome-to-the-apqs-forums/

Since your are showing pictures, I would suggest you go to the Pictures Section; http://forum.apqs.com/index.php?/forum/46-pictures/  Under that section you will find "Quilt Pictures, Patterns & Inspiration..."; http://forum.apqs.com/index.php?/forum/20-quilt-pictures-patterns-amp-inspiration/. This would be the forum section that I would start a new topic and share my eye candy.

Then when the new window loads, if you go to the top right corner you will see a big blue button "Start New Topic".  Click the button, and start you new topic.  You have to give a title to your new topic or thread.  You can include tags if you wish to make searching for the post months from now easier to find.  Put in what you want to say, and upload your pictures, and finally hit the "Submit Topic" button to upload the new topic.

I hope this helps.  Good luck to you.  

Cagey

Archived