Who has their paint chips and fabrics for Bonnie Hunters Mystery this year?

you need as many fabrics in each of the color choices as you want...Bonnie is a scrap quilter....so the more the merrier....but....your also OK if you only use one fabric for each color...it's all good.  the more different fabrics in each color the more "sparkle"  and it is fun to look at the finished quilt and remember where all those fabric scraps came from.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went through all my fabrics. I have chain store fabrics and quilt shop fabrics. I separated them and I have a lot more quilt shop fabric than I thought I did.  Yay!!!  I think I have enough good fabric in my stash to make this quilt. I'll probably get a few more greens tho. 

Im visiting my daughter and her husband in Ottawa and I may have her take me to Quilty Pleasures and check their fabric. 

Deb. 

This will be my first mystery with Bonnie and I think it will be fun!   I just pulled from my stash but subbed blues for purples and burnt orange for the magenta.  I just wanted to sew from my stash.

I saw the first clue but I am away from home for Thanksgiving so will have to start when I get home.  It makes it more fun when you communicate with others who are also doing it!  

Jeanne I got the clue before I went to a retreat this week-end and quickly cut my scraps into 2" strips and took that to the retreat I had enough to make 214- 4 patches so I meed to make & more. I thought that was pretty close figuring when I was just cutting various chunks and pieces of scraps. They look so nice.

17 minutes ago, IBQLTN2 said:

Well I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving holiday and got motivated to start the En Provence Mystery 1st clue

It was 4 patches made out of background fabrics.

mine are ALL DONE!!  So how did everyone do?

Bragger!!!  :P

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 11:08 AM, LeeAnn said:

This will be my first mystery with Bonnie and I think it will be fun!   I just pulled from my stash but subbed blues for purples and burnt orange for the magenta.  I just wanted to sew from my stash.

I saw the first clue but I am away from home for Thanksgiving so will have to start when I get home.  It makes it more fun when you communicate with others who are also doing it!  

Heading back to the quilt studio with my paint chips and my color wheel. You have inspired me to think about it, lol. I love Bonnie's colors. I just don't want to buy more fabric. I will let you know how it turns out.

I don't have Bonnie's colors either and I really want to use my stash.  Color is not my friend if I change purples to blue what are some good choices for the others .:unsure:

Normally my husband is my color guy but he's hunting.  Who would every think I'd be wishing him home when I been counting on this time to quit?m1701.gif

1 hour ago, Pepsi Girl said:

I don't have Bonnie's colors either and I really want to use my stash.  Color is not my friend if I change purples to blue what are some good choices for the others .:unsure:

Normally my husband is my color guy but he's hunting.  Who would every think I'd be wishing him home when I been counting on this time to quit?m1701.gif

I think I am a big talker. I dragged out all of my tubs to go through them. Started looking at the color wheel, and decided to take a nap. I am going to buy the fabrics, because I love the colors, and when I am finished, I will have some really cool stash colors. 

Im in, But where do I get the clues? Oh I found it. Yes Im in. This will be fun, but mostly after Christmas. Im piecing a king size quilt now. Have an oversized queen on the frame, have bindings to put on 4 quilts. You all know what Im talking about.

Archived