Charlotte, NC.

Zeke, you will find the pace of life  slow compared to CA. Housing is less costly,

and everything else is higher. $4 and up, mostly about $6. for 20 % hamburger.

That still blows my mind!    Chickens are about the same as Ca., fish I don't know about.,

we love it, so when not able to go catch our own,we buy.

Traveling , mercies, may it be safe and healthy., and welcome to HB2 city!

Wow!!!! I didn't realize we had this many APQS family members is North & South Carolina. Maybe we need to start up an APQS Quilt Guild or Longarm Guild; I think that would be a blast!! I just received my Millie and she was set up this past Sunday. I'm having so much fun playing and learning right now. I will say, it's going to take some getting use to after working on a sit down long arm where you have to move the fabric instead of the machine. By the way Zeke, there's another excellent quilt shop located in Concord, NC called We're Sew Creative. Mary Jo's Cloth Store is hugh and carries every kind of fabric known to man, and they've done a lot of improvements over the past few years. I have to say that Sew Much Fun and We'e Sew Creative are my two favorites. Travel safe, and welcome to North Carolina!!!

Merry Christmas,

On 12/22/2016 at 2:34 PM, stitchin cricket said:

Wow!!!! I didn't realize we had this many APQS family members is North & South Carolina. Maybe we need to start up an APQS Quilt Guild or Longarm Guild; I think that would be a blast!! I just received my Millie and she was set up this past Sunday. I'm having so much fun playing and learning right now. I will say, it's going to take some getting use to after working on a sit down long arm where you have to move the fabric instead of the machine. By the way Zeke, there's another excellent quilt shop located in Concord, NC called We're Sew Creative. Mary Jo's Cloth Store is hugh and carries every kind of fabric known to man, and they've done a lot of improvements over the past few years. I have to say that Sew Much Fun and We'e Sew Creative are my two favorites. Travel safe, and welcome to North Carolina!!!

Merry Christmas,

Carmen!!!  I see you are in Gastonia!!  20 min away from me!  I'm Lake Wylie, SC!!!  We need to hook up!!!!!

Wow. I feel left out living in Virginia, but then I thought we are all on the east coast. And then another thing, I have so much family from my husbands side in Charlotte and Raleigh, and My sister is in Southport. I don't feel left out.at all.  LOL

I am so looking forward to this.  Not the moving, the new living location.  The new area, the new beginning.   I've always been told that the quilt shop back east are so cool.  We'be only been to ones in Ohio and Michigan, and that was 15 years ago.  Zeke.  

Zeke,

Welcome to NC!   We have a large number of longarmers here.   We also have 2 APQS showrooms, 4 APQS Certified Service Technician, a strong group of APQS dealers and a wonderful group of APQS owners in the state.    It is a great state to live in, if you are a longarmer.  

I have a quarterly APQS owners meeting at my showroom, in Raleigh.  The next meeting is February 9th.   It's called APQS Play Day.  We do something maintenance related have show and tell and talk about something longarm related, like working with grids, or freehand fills, in the afternoon.  We bring a dish to share for lunch.  All APQS owners are welcome, I just ask that you sign up so that I can have enough seats available. 

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 2:34 PM, stitchin cricket said:

Merry Christmas,

Carmen,

There is already a  longarm guild in NC.  The Carolina Longarm Association.  At one point it had 125 members, I think it is closer to 35 right now.   I also have an APQS owners group at my showroom in Raleigh.  We would love to have you join us if you are wiling to drive a couple hours.  The next meeting is on February 9th.  Welcome to the APQS family!

Archived