Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T Row Studio

My Zebra with many Colors

17 posts in this topic

Here is a paper pieced project I just finished. I wanted to paper piece this zebra with rainbow colors. I Ice dyed a piece of fabric with rainbow color and used it to make this zebra. I am pleased with the out come. I had planned on doing a blue background but when I got to the main face area on the animal it was blue and the background just washed everything out. I added more of the rainbow fabric to the breaks in the background and did it scrappy Black. I am going to call this small wall hanging , My Coat of many Colors.

No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.

Terry

The zebra is great, but I LOVE that fabric.  Wow!

D92090BC49E8C634FED9A5815EF5ABB3.png

Serendipity: The discovery of something wonderful quite by accident while looking for something quite different.

Love your zebra Terry!  I really like how you created your background, what a great idea!  Very nice!

Kathy :)

2016 APQS Lenni

HQ Sweet Sixteen Sitdown

Janome 6600P

1 hour ago, tootsquilts said:

Love your Zebra.  I have never paper pieced before.  Just never wanted to tackle it, I guess.  Your dyed fabric is lovely.

I did not like it when I started doing Paper piecing Cathy but now   I Do Like it a lo.t I have doing it paperless using Freezer paper and absolutly love doing it that way....I do not have to rip papers off after.

Terry

This is adorable. I love it!! 

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

You are so talented and your zebra very cute!  We have plenty of snow this year. Any tips on snow dyeing?

Heidi Patterson

APQS Blissed Millennium with Quilt Path

APQS Sales Rep - Educator - Authorized Service Rep

Boise, Idaho

208-861-5018 (cell)

Thank-you Heidi. I am not an expert in any way I have just done Ice dyeing in the last year I think I should try a snow dyeing piece. I think you would need to fold or scrunch your fabric in a container that can drain.( eg. colander from dollar store, you will not want to use for food again) pile on the snow then sprinkle the cold water dye powder over the top of the snow and wait for the snow to carry the dye through the fabric. It is always interesting what designs and color are created. You have me thinking I need to do another dye piece. If you need more info contact Kathy from Tamerack Shack she does Ice dyed Backings. I hope that helps If you have any other questions PM me and I will try and help. Good Luck can't wait to see what you do.

Terry

11 hours ago, HeidiP said:

You are so talented and your zebra very cute!  We have plenty of snow this year. Any tips on snow dyeing?

Sorry I should have done a quote I have answered your question in this topic.

Terry