Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year;

I want to wish all of you ladies and gentlemen a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  May each of you and your families have a safe and uneventful holiday season, and may your blessing follow you and yours throughout the New Year.  

While we are all stressing out to buy that last minute Christmas present or killing ourselves to make Christmas perfect, remember that the original Christmas was in now way shape or form perfect or without blemish.  Think about it, before Mary and Joseph's had even lived together, their relationship was challenged by an immaculate conception.  Try explain that to your parents and new in-laws.  Then a multi-day journey riding on top of a donkey.  (Anyone complaining about a husband's driving, or the backseat antics of children?) Only to be finished off giving birth in a dirty, smelly; though well animal-warmed, stable or cave.  (Can any new parents say wash your hands before touching the baby or throw away that binkie it fell on the floor)  The original Christmas was not perfect, so do not kill yourself to make it perfect.  There never is nor will there ever be a perfect Christmas.  You only have to look at the picture to see, no lights, no tree, no special dinner or meal.  Just a new husband and wife, along with workmen and their families celebrating the birth of a new baby, the spirit of family, and the salvation to come.

Christmas copy.jpg

So take a deep breath, let bygones be bygone, and make the most of your your Christmas and New Year celebrations.  Your Christmas may not turn out exactly as you had planned. The people you celebrate it with will remember the love and time you spent with them for years to come.  Family and friends will try to emulate the celebration your gave.  Cousin Mildred's excessive drinking and her ugly argument with great uncle Tucker will only be remembered for a few weeks.  The love and joy you shared will be what made the season perfect.

Here is my Christmas gift to each of you.  It is a short story, that I believe tells the true meaning of Christmas.  It is not perfect, but It always reminds me that it is the gift of giving ourselves that makes Christmas special.   Share your gift......http://santasearch.org/print_text.asp?RID=1170   

Cagey

Archived