Garden Party Quilting Finally Finished!

I finally finished the quilting on my daughter's quilt! It is huge 118x118 and almost all ruler work. This quilt started as a kit I bought at a quilt retreat in 2011. My daughter wanted it for her wedding quilt, but she wanted king size. So I searched the Internet and found a second kit. I was still short on the large rose fabric in the outer border. I posted on missingfabric.com and was able to find enough to finish it. Then the quilting...although simple, it was very time consuming. This quilt has been through two moves with me as well. I finally put it back on the frame last summer and decided not to take it off until it was finished. If anyone ever hears me mention 1/2 inch crosshatch again, please shoot me!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It's beautiful!  I think the quilting is perfect for it!  I started to do 1/2 inch grids once and after about 10" decided to stop and take it out as I couldn't see doing such a large quilt that way - so much work, went back to 1" squares which was tedious enough, I admire you for doing that whole quilt with 1/2 inch squares - but it paid off, it is beautiful!

Archived