one year gone another year ahead.

I would like to start by saying I have enjoyed posts on this forum in 2016. And expect to enjoy more posts in 2017. With the new forum format it is way easier to post pictures so I am sure there will be lots of Eye Candy to be seen. I enjoy the questions and all the answers that are offered to help with the little problems we seem to find.

I would also like to reflect on my year. I have had an amazing year with my quilting journey I have been recognized for my piecing as well as my quilting. I have been humbled with the reaction I have gotten with my pieces. My journey in quilting is changing  and I am taking baby steps as I continue along this wonderful trip. 

I hope 2017 bring each and everyone wonderful things and as we come across obstacles, we hit them head on and learn from them and take what we learn as we continue

. Thank-you for your knowledge and friendship and Have a Happy New Year .

Thanks for starting this thread, Terry. Now that it is easier to post pics - I look forward to seeing more of yours! I too enjoy piecing well. I found a great class - piece like a pro on Craftsy - and have incorporated even more easy "habits" that have improved my piecing skills. I love perfect points without trying!

I hope many of our quilting family take a moment to reflect on how blessed we are to have the care and support of our brother and sister quilters here on the forum.  Thank you ALL for sharing your technical expertise, suggestions, and comments. Thanks for your encouragement and support. And thanks for setting some of us free from the hangups of "needing to be perfect"!

Thanks Terry for your contributions on the forum. Your own participation is refreshing.

Here's to great joy in this quilty life in 2017! Happy New Year everyone!

58 minutes ago, T Row Studio said:

I would like to start by saying I have enjoyed posts on this forum in 2016. And expect to enjoy more posts in 2017. With the new forum format it is way easier to post pictures so I am sure there will be lots of Eye Candy to be seen. I enjoy the questions and all the answers that are offered to help with the little problems we seem to find.

I hope 2017 bring each and everyone wonderful things and as we come across obstacles, we hit them head on and learn from them and take what we learn as we continue

. Thank-you for your knowledge and friendship and Have a Happy New Year .

I feel the same way Terry

And I as well have had a very wonderful experience with all of the APQS family through the years.  I am no longer quilting for the public, but only for family. 

I sure hope that everyone here has a wonderful and blessed New Year.

I agree with all of you. I have learned so much from this forum, and my quilting skills have improved. I've even chimed in and tried to help a little when I can. (Didn't really think that would happen.)

May all of you have a very blessed and happy new year!!!!!

Deb.

In 2016 I made and quilted 7 quilts.....quilted 4 more for others......signed up for the APQS giveway 7,253 times and got nothing other than addicted to signing up....got so envious of all the eye candy you folks have posted pictures of....already have started seeing (in my head) the quilts I want to make this year....cleaned and rearranged my quilting room 18 times and it always ended up looking exactly the same....loved all the chit chat here on the forum.

All in all I would say I have had a great year.  Thanks for the great friendships here.

Happy New Year all!  Terry your work is beautiful and I'm glad you are being recognized for it.  

2016 was a crazy year for me.  I haven't gotten much quilting done.  I started off with my sciatic problem that lasted 4 months.  I'm ever so thankful that pain was relieved.  I've fought all year with my right foot.  The pinched nerve cause so many problems with my right foot.  Standing for any length of time is still hard.  I had foot drop, then plantar fasciitis and I'm still having unresolved pain.  I see a new orthopedist on Wed. and pray he can make it better.  We sold our home in April and we've been waiting for our new home to be done.  It was supposed to be done in Oct!  I'm praying we close this week and I can get all my stuff back.  I just disassembled my machine yesterday and it is ready for its new home.  Unfortunately I moved it to my daughters but only used it once.  LOL I've been a little busy.

The joys of the year are by far outweighing the bad.  We were so blessed to have three new beautiful grandbabies this year!  Love them all to pieces.  I'm very much enjoying spending every day with the twins, who definitely make you smile and laugh.  Such a joy.  Our little Landon is still fighting his heart battles but has come so far!  He sailed through open heart surgery the beginning of Dec. and did great until a few days before Christmas.  They did the first echo post release and discovered his upper chambers pressure is way too high.  He has pulmanary hypertension.  They put him on oxygen and hoped that would help give the heart a rest and the pressure would go down.  That didn't happen so now they are trying medication.  If the medication doesn't make the pressure go down he will have to have a catherization to see if they can see what is causing the problem.  Please keep him in your prayers.  He is such a joyful happy little boy!  His sister is also a happy baby!  Their smiles light up the room for sure.

Here's to hoping 2017 is full of joy!  I pray for joy for all of you as well!

Happy New Year to my APQS Forum friends! I may not post much, but I do check in at least once a day. I love seeing what is going on with you all, as well as the beautiful quilts and even the challenging quilts. You all make my day. I plan to have lots more finishes to share this year!

Archived