"Love heals" quilts for cancer

I read about "Love heals" quilts for cancer, and when a friend of mine had cancer a few years ago I made her one. Here's the site you can get the pattern if you're interested. 

The mother of a friend of mine has cancer.  Please pray for her. 

I decided to make her a "love heals" quilt. She had given me some fleece fabric and I decided to use that on the back. Her daughter said her mom likes pink and green fabric. I had never used fleece on the back of a quilt before. I was amazed how it turned out. I've used fleece on a couple more quilts. I like that it's wide enough so that I don't have to piece the back of a lap quilt. I washed it after the pictures, so the markings came out. 

Deb.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Deb

The entire quilt looks wonderful.  At first I though the feather work around the outside were my favorite.  Then I noticed how nice the feathered hearts looked on the back.  Then at closer look the individual squares in the blocks, with the small detail work caught my eye.  In the end, all of your quilting is outstanding.  Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Cagey

On January 6, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Pepsi Girl said:

That is beautiful, and it will be a great treasure to the mother.  I looked at the link and yours is to me, I'll just say you gave it WOW factor!  

I am cancer free nearly 3 years now, I can tell you your thoughtfulness will not go unnoticed!

I received a prayer shawl and it still gives me comfort.  I enjoy making quilts, so I do that.

Deb.

Archived