Irish Stars times 3 Made the Quiltmaker Magazine

My quilt, This Irish Stars, made the quiltmaker magazine in the sew to speak section for the May/June 2017 Issue.  I sent this picutre to them and was contacted to be able tp put in the magazine.  I'm proud to show it off. 

58d1319a36310_QM171(Copy).jpg.8001cf133b9ead5f85289ecfe3d73a57.jpg

I made three of these quilts for the kids for Christmas.  All Just alike.  I used Quilters Dream wool batting, and just pulled fabric from my hidden fabrics to try to match up as best I could.  I used the the panto, Dewdrops in the Garden from Urban Elementz.  I don't have quilt path, so I found it was a little hard to do.  I started not to post these, because I was not as proud as I should have been with the panto I chose for these quilts.  I got the pattern from the Quiltmaker magazine, July/August 2014 No. 158 issue.  Anyway here is a picture of a couple.

IMG_0194 (Copy).JPG

IMG_0195 (Copy).JPG

IMG_0196 (Copy).JPG

IMG_01941 (Copy).JPG

IMGP0001 (Copy).JPG

IMGP0002 (Copy).JPG

IMGP0004 (Copy).JPG

"Hidden Fabric" is that a way of saying stash?  

I really like the pictures on the bed, can see the colors better.  Its very pretty and you did a great job!  I'm glad you posted.  Your quilting looks great so did you mean you didn't like your choice of panto?  My opinion is it looks good but I understand sometimes I pick some quilt design do it and after wish I did something different.   But it doesn't mean it doesn't look good because it does.  Plus your kids will love them!

10 hours ago, Pepsi Girl said:

"Hidden Fabric" is that a way of saying stash?  

I really like the pictures on the bed, can see the colors better.  Its very pretty and you did a great job!  I'm glad you posted.  Your quilting looks great so did you mean you didn't like your choice of panto?  My opinion is it looks good but I understand sometimes I pick some quilt design do it and after wish I did something different.   But it doesn't mean it doesn't look good because it does.  Plus your kids will love them!

Oh yes Nancy,  the hidden fabric is some that I have stashed away, without being seen.

Yes I did mean the choice of the panto, not sure if it would have been better with another, but oh well, its done.  To me also that panto is a little hard for me do do.

Thanks so much everyone for the kind comments.  Yes by the time I got the 3 together, I was tired of doing that one.

Cathy, we all question ourselves on panto choices, quilting choices etc.  Yours is beautiful and the longer you quilt you won't worry as much.  I love everything you did.  I can't tell you the number of times I've said, "Why did I buy this panto???"  What was I thinking?  But it gets easier every time you use it.

You did an amazing job on piecing these quilts!  That's a lot of work and they are beautiful.  The quilting adds a great texture to them.  Be proud :-)!  I think I spend as much, if not more time researching what to quilt, than quilting!  And then I'm still not sure or may change my mind right before I put the first stitch in!  It's all part of the fun!

Archived