New format

I don't know.   Maybe it is just me and my resistance to change,  but I find the new format very annoying.  I just clicked on a topic and now I can't get back to it because it's been "read."  Participation on this forum is dwindling.   It's sad.  This used to be such a great resource.   Now it's barely worth the time.   

Lynn:

Nobody likes it when someone moves their Cheese.  This is the case with the new forum, as there are pros and cons with the new setup.  I believe if make your settings as below you will be happier.  It will no longer only show what is new, but will show you everything.

Setup.jpg

You need to change your READ STATUS to Everything.  This will allow you to go back and see everything that anyone has posted.  I hope this helps put your Cheese back where you think it belongs.

Cagey

I think lots of folks are just busy...I know I am.  My father in law had knee replacement 4 weeks ago, my mother in law is now bedfast with Alzheimers, and I've barely had time to get much quilting done.  Hanging quilts and taking photos is another time consuming job.  I miss having the time to check in on the forum, and unfortunately, don't have the time nowadays to comment of everyone's posts.  I still think the forum is a great source of quilting inspiration.  If you find it's not meeting your needs, you might try Pinterest.  I've frittered away lots of time looking at quilts/quilting there.

I am able to go back to topics that I have already read. 

I think one of the differences to the activity level is that the photos are a separate section instead of with the any and all chatting posts.  I think the quilt pictures always helped to generate comments and more traffic.  When we only have a few minutes we can (should) spend scrolling through sites having them separated lends to stopping at only one section.

Archived