I'm no longer Bummed!!

Pepsi Girl

Gabby is up and running!  It took my husband exactly 1 week to get our road unplugged. (Sadly they are telling us the snow and winds will be back Tuesday and Wednesday, but that another topic) So we headed to town Friday picked up our mail and there it was the package from my Tech guy.  Came home and called him, to my surprise I replaced everything with only one phone call.  I did have to call back when I was done so he could walk me through the timing issue.  But once I did that Gabby is back to her old self.  So we finished the little quilt on her and here it is.  It's the last of 6 grand niece/nephew quilts.  Twin size, I used Glide Mauve in the bobbin, Affinity Wine on the top, Bamboo Batting, and a Panto called Basic Butterflies.  I was snowed bound so I pieced the back which I'm normally to lazy To do.  Just needs the label and clear skies so I can get it back to town, and it will be on it's way to Alabama.   

The close ups are all the back of the quilt.

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

Outstanding job.  I am sure they are going to love it.  Since you were given so much snow, I might suggest you copy one of the posters here and place your quilt on top of virgin snow.  The colors agains the white snow truly made the picture pop with color.  If life is going to give you tons of snow, you might as well use it to your advantage. 

Cagey

22 hours ago, Cagey said:

Outstanding job.  I am sure they are going to love it.  Since you were given so much snow, I might suggest you copy one of the posters here and place your quilt on top of virgin snow.  The colors agains the white snow truly made the picture pop with color.  If life is going to give you tons of snow, you might as well use it to your advantage. 

Cagey

Cagey, that's a fine idea, however, you don't understand the depth of my dislike of snow.  Yes I suppose the picture would be pretty but that would involve getting bundled up like the dough boy, pinning up my husbands dogs, waddling out to an area with out dog tracks,turkey tracks,deer tracks,bunny tracks...and laying out the quilt without fallingon top of the quilt or into the snow and making unwanted snow angels, then taking my hand out of the glove, because they are big and bulky to keep my finger from not freezing off, to take the picture, then waddling back (which of course involves falling down several times) to my warm wonderful home. O and if I did all that I  no doubt would still not end up with a lovely, picturesque "Quilt in a snow scene" that you suggested.  In fact I might not have a quilt at all as the winds at this time are about 15 -20 SE with gusts of 40mph.   No, Cagey I believe I will stay right here drinking Diet Pepsi  and making another quilt. c0552.gif

Archived