Brother Dreamweaver Presser Foot Auto Up/Down

Hi All,

Over the weekend I purchased a Brother Dreamweaver VQ3000 machine.  Still learning all the bells and whistles and familiarizing myself with it, as I've only been using it for a few days now, but I absolutely LOVE it!  

Anyway, last night I was sewing blanket stitches around several applique circles on a quilt project, and while sewing I unintentionally did *something* to cause the presser foot to automatically raise up when I stopped sewing and lower back down when I resumed sewing without having to touch anything.  I found this to be really helpful, because I was sewing around circles and this allowed me to reposition my quilt fabric every time I stopped without having to take my hands off the quilt to press a button or raise/lower the lever.  It was wonderful!  Sadly, I have no idea what I did to get it to work this way, and now I cannot figure out how to set it again.  It's not something that I would use all the time, but when sewing around applique or anything that requires a lot of repositioning of the fabric, it would really come in handy.

Is anyone familiar with how to engage/disengage this feature?

Thank you!

I don't know about the Dream Weaver but on the Dream Machine and Quattro you can do it in your settings.  Give your local Brother Dealer a call, they will tell you how to set your needle up/down.  Congrats, I love Brother machines I have 6.

Barb is correct, when she believes you are looking for the pivot key.  Looking at the manual for my DreamWeaver 6200D (same as VQ3000 but has embroidery option) this is what I found.  Read around page B-26 of the manual.  If you did not get a hardcopy, you can download a digital copy at http://www.brother-usa.com/VirData/Content/en-US/HAD/Consumer/UsersManual/UM_DreamWeaver™ Innov_is VQ3000_EN_7077.PDF

foot 1.jpg

foot.jpg

I hope this helps.  If you are going to actually quilt with it, Paula Reed's Fluff and Stuff lesson on Craftsy is a great start.  She is the reason I ended up with the my DreamWeaver, since I had to use a Brother at the in person class I took.  I was happy with my 1960 DSM, but loved the Brother.  Be careful taking that $100 class, as it may cost you a small car when your done.

Cagey

Archived