Picture Day Today!

It was a very sunny day today, and while I was in the process of taking pictures of the Summer at the Lake quilt I just posted, I realized I had my Olaf quilt still sitting in my sewing room awaiting his picture day ;-). So seeing as I'm in the mode, I thought I'd share this quilt too.  This quilt has been done for about 5 months, as I quilted it on my HQ Sweet Sixteen  Sitdown machine before leaving on holidays this fall and before I took delivery on my new Lenni.  I made two of these quilts, the first one for my sister, the second for me, as we both get a kick out of Olaf, and it was one of those whim things when I saw the panels on sale...  Anyway, here's a few picks.  The back is Olaf flannel that I was using up scraps of to make the earlier Olaf quilts I posted a while back.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, Gail O said:

Beautiful work.  I love your work on the big white border.  Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Gail!  The quilt panel doesn't give one a lot to work with colour-wise to dress it up so came up with those little stars which were paper pieced.  I made 30 of them with a plan to put 30 on my sisters quilt and 30 on mine.  They were so time consuming, I decided there was no way I was making another 30 and we would have to share!  

This is the fanciest Olaf quilt I've seen.  I love the pebbles on him and the design on the face.  Some people got it, and some don't!  Unfortunately I'm in the don't category, but I'm blessed to be able to "borrow" from other quilters.  The border design is to die for.  I just love it!

8 minutes ago, LibbyG said:

This is the fanciest Olaf quilt I've seen.  I love the pebbles on him and the design on the face.  Some people got it, and some don't!  Unfortunately I'm in the don't category, but I'm blessed to be able to "borrow" from other quilters.  The border design is to die for.  I just love it!

Thank you LibbyG!  I too, borrow a lot of ideas from other quilters!  Personally, I view most quilts as practice quilts and just go for it!  Sometimes it works out better than others, but I get bored easily so am always trying new things.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived