Quilts for APQS members

Great news, Betsy is going to put Rita's quilt together for the group.  Please go to her topic and read the directions and following the progress.  Her topic is titled "PROJECT ANGEL QUILT".   Thank you Betsy and everyone who is helping.  If you can't make a block etc. (we understand life), please say a prayer for this project and for Rita's recovery.  Love you all.

On 2/9/2017 at 0:31 PM, Gator said:

Great, can someone volunteer to head this project for Rita?  Heidi maybe you can get Rita's address.  Someone we can send our finished blocks  too and who will finish the quilt. I can send a few dollars with my block to cover backing, batting, etc.  Recommend we take turns with the projects.  Marybeth, I remember that quilt, how is our niece?

Connie,

Sorry I didn't see this post until Betsy private messaged me.  It was a crazy week this week at home with the babies and having contractors come in and out.  I have reached out to her daughter for address and suggestions for mailing.  She usually responds pretty quickly.  As for colors I know Rita likes clean colors and has a special place in her heart for blue.  White is a perfect choice for background color for her.

I can send the batting. Let me know what size and what you prefer. I will also make at  couple of blocks. Pretty limited on time right now as im planning our golden anniversary march 11 and a large family reunion april 29. I make a quilt each year for the reunion as a door prize. Really i just quilf it. My mom left several tops pieced. I always enjoyed seing Ritas posts. Ive not been a forum member but a couple of years. Ill keep watching this thread. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/9/2017 at 11:41 AM, Mary Beth said:

That is a great idea. My daughter was a recipient of one of these quilts for my little granddaughter. We still love that quilt and all of the "APQS Aunties" that participated. I would be happy to make a block or two.

I remember that quilt as I was one of the "Aunties." :)

Archived