Project Angel Quilt

I'm in!  I will be willing to do as many blocks as you need so let me know.  Thank you girls for doing this.  It was in my heart but my hands are so full right now I just couldn't manage pulling it together.  I can tell you that Rita will adore this quilt and it will definitely make her feel loved!  She will cherish your hard work and the love you will put into each block.  I know she likes clean colors, clear and crisp and blue has a special place in her heart but she likes most colors.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished my blocks.  They  will be in the mail on Monday.   You all have me in happy tears.   I haven't counted all the blocks but it looks like plenty for a nice sized quilt.   I met Rita and him when I first started to quilt.  We were in a class together, she was the life of the class.  Since we were in her neck of the woods (NC) she kept wanting to do things for us.  She's been through a lot medically, him too, I know she will treasure this quilt.  Carol, we understand prayers are just as important as the quilt blocks. 

Betsy, keep us up to date on how you're doing and if you need help.

I LOVE MY QUILTIE FRIENDS!

The box of 3 quilts I sent to Quilts for Kids two weeks ago shipped for under $20 via UPS. I am expecting shipping for Rita's quilt to be in that price range (they were lap/baby sized quilts), so not expensive at all.  Clearly, if everyone who sends blocks includes money towards shipping, I will end up with more money than needed to cover the cost, so please do not feel obligated to do that. 

If you would like to include a card for Rita with your block(s), I'm sure she would love to get cards with her quilt.

If I do end up with extra shipping funds, I will send it to Rita, as LisaC and Heidi suggest below.

2 hours ago, dbams said:

The box of 3 quilts I sent to Quilts for Kids two weeks ago shipped for under $20 via UPS. I am expecting shipping for Rita's quilt to be in that price range (they were lap/baby sized quilts), so not expensive at all.  Clearly, if everyone who sends blocks includes money towards shipping, I will end up with more money than needed to cover the cost, so please do not feel obligated to do that. 

If you would like to include a card for Rita with your block(s), I'm sure she would love to get cards with her quilt.

If I do end up with extra shipping funds, I will return the money to the senders, or donate it to Quilts for Kids.

Betsy you could always get a gift card for Rita.  I know funds are tight and I'm sure this hospital stay will be expensive for them.

I got here too late.  I would have loved to make a block for this special quilt for Rita.  I will email Heidi and get the address to send her a card.  If someone that is making 2 or 3 blocks wants to give up a block, I would love to make one.  God bless each of you for doing this special quilt.

As a group, we should probably decide what standard size block will be used in the community angel quilts.  That way, when things a less busy and you have some fabric from your current quilt project, one could make up a angel block for future use.  As long as the quilt is scrappy most any block would work in the collective quilt.  What do you think?  I for one would like to participate in the next project when needed.

Cagey

Archived