Project Angel Quilt

4 hours ago, Gator said:

I don't know how many dealers or members  know Tony O'Tool.  He is a member of the APQS Sales/Road Show team (APQS family).  He also is involved with the development of this forum.  His wife and him just had a baby delivered 7 weeks early, via emergency C-Section.  Finley Anthony O'Tool  weighted in at 3lbs 9oz. and 16in tall.   He will spend a few weeks in the NICU, mom is doing fine and will probably be home today.  I know there's a lot of you that would like to participate in Rita's quilt but the blocks are in.  If the group chooses, Finley would probably be a candidate to receive an Angel Quilt.  A baby quilt (or a mommy quilt)  wouldn't take to many blocks so it would be fairly quick to make.  If the group chooses and someone takes the lead, you could get the O'Tool's address or info from Dawn Cavanaugh.

I cannot take the lead, but I would send a block, or quilt the quilt. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, dbams said:

FIVE blocks today!  That puts us at 24 blocks delivered already!

Missy (FloridaMissy) - 4 blocks

Lisa (Lisa C) - 1 block

I will try to get them pressed (mailing wrinkles) and on my design wall for a picture this weekend!

Thanks everyone!

It must be a joy to open all those packages and "oogle" everyone's efforts. It's such a worthy cause and we owe you a great big THANK YOU for all your work. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Vickie, you're right, it is a joy to open each package.  And I love the way your block is also your profile picture!

Here is a picture of all the blocks I have received so far.  They are not in any particular order, other than I kept multiple blocks from the same person together.  Based on these blocks, this will be a fun project!

Thanks again to everyone who is participating with prayers and blocks, etc..

Rita's Blocks - 02-19-2017.jpg

1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

I am really happy we went scrappy. I hope she loves it. The blocks look so great. I agree...Well Done!!

5 hours ago, T Row Studio said:

These are amazing and look at the variety there is. well Done everybody

I agree with Mary Beth and Terry, they are all beautiful and look so good scrappy.

Thanks so much Betsy for all you are doing.

Just now, Quilta93 said:

I was away from the forum for about 10 days, and look what I missed. I would have loved to have made a block for Rita.  I did message Heidi for her address, so I can at least send a card. All the blocks look great and such variety. 

Deb.

Deb,

I've been suggesting a fat quarter in with the card for those that missed out on blocks.  That would give her a little extra stash when she is up to quilting again.

Heidi

16 hours ago, Quilting Heidi said:

Deb,

I've been suggesting a fat quarter in with the card for those that missed out on blocks.  That would give her a little extra stash when she is up to quilting again.

Heidi

A few people have sent fat quarters with their blocks.  I may use some of them for cornerstones, and will include the rest with the quilt when I send it to Rita.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:28 AM, dbams said:

OMG!  I've forgotten how to sew!  AAACCCKKKKK!  I was doing a paper pieced design and everything that could go wrong went wrong.  I did finally figure out that it wasn't all my fault.  The pattern was printed backwards.  Then when I was almost done with it I realized I had put the wrong fabric in two places.   AAACCCKKKK!  I dumped it and made a different one and It will become something else I'm sure.  Anyway, I now have my two blocks done and they will go into the mail in the morning.  Yay!  All the blocks are looking great.  Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Archived