Project Angel Quilt

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Four blocks in today's mail!

Oma (Oma) - 2 blocks

Barbara (Barbara Conquest) - 1 block

Judy Day (judyday) - 1 block

Other than David's block, which unfortunately appears to have been lost in the mail, there are only 3 blocks still to arrive!  Here are all the blocks I have received so far.  They are grouped by maker, but this is not how they will be placed in the quilt top.

38 Blocks - 02-25-2017.jpg

1 hour ago, Pepsi Girl said:

b0201.gifI am so laughing out loud at myself!  I sewed my block wrong!!b0201.gif  

It so funny how it stands out easily when put with the other blocks!

The sad part is if I had wrote on that part not only would I have had more room but it would have looked like I did it on purpose!

Nancy, I never even noticed until I read your post!  :D I can easily flip that part around to match the other 3 sides.

On 2/25/2017 at 4:52 PM, dbams said:

Nancy, I never even noticed until I read your post!  :D I can easily flip that part around to match the other 3 sides.

Thanks that would probably be a good idea!  

I read somewhere that the Amish always have one mistake in their quilts on purpose because only God is perfect.

I don't have to plan one, I'm less than perfect without trying!:)

3 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

I wish you would not tell me about mistakes. I had to search and search. Then I thought maybe that was not it, and searched all of the others. I would leave it....It adds character, and I bet no one would have noticed if you had not said anything.

I like the way you think!!

2 hours ago, mlsa3 said:

I keep running out to the mail box each day hoping that it would be returned for whatever reason but NOT YET.  They always seem to get my bills to me on time.  Shezzz.. oh well...at least you have enough blocks.

David, my cousin in Houston texted me that she received my daughter's Christmas card last Tuesday!  Postmarked December 6th, and it took 2 1/2 months to arrive.  I know a lot of good people work for the USPS, but I do wonder sometimes what is going on there.

I ordered some rotary cutter blades from The Sewing Palace last week and have been watching for them to be delivered....checked the USPS delivery and they stated it had been delivered to an individual last Saturday...was not delivered to this house. About a month ago the postman was delivering everybodys mail to the wrong address and when we stopped him and confronted him about it he said we didn't have any mail which we knew was false and we told him that....he went back down the street and picked up the mail he had put out and then put it in the correct boxes....suddenly we did have mail that day.    I hate our postal service.

That USPS carrier should be reported to the Postmaster/Postmistress.  If they won't take action, go higher in the postal service.  We had an issue in my area several years ago and finally had to resort to that action.  No issues since, have had great service from several carriers who deliver to our rural route (even though we're technically in town).  

OK, everyone, I need some advice.  How big is too big for this quilt?  I have come up with a layout to use all 39 blocks on the front, but the quilt is then either 74"x86" (with sashing around all 4 sides of every block) or 70"x82" (if I don't put sashing the outer edges of the blocks on the outside of the quilt). 

For 36 blocks on the front, the quilt will be either 74"x74" or 70"x70", and there will be 3 blocks on the back.

For 30 blocks (our original goal), the quilt will be 62"x74", and there will be 9 blocks on the back.

Your thoughts????

Archived