Project Angel Quilt

5 hours ago, dancing bear said:

Is it too late to put the date on the label?

Well, that would have been a good idea.  Unfortunately, I shipped it UPS this morning.  I usually do put a date on my labels, but this was a different format, and it just never occurred to me. 

Sorry. :(

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Quilting Heidi said:

Betsy,

You did an amazing job and thank you so much for pulling this all together.  Rita is going to cherish it!  Let me know when it goes in the mail so I can alert her daughter that it is coming!  Rita is going to feel so loved!  Last I heard she was doing better and wanted to go home.  LOL that is always a good sign!  I love our APQS family they are just wonderful and so loving!

Heidi, that is good news about Rita!!  I shipped the quilt UPS this morning.  Per the UPS tracking, it will be delivered at Rita's house on Tuesday.

That quilt, that amazingly beautiful quilt says so much about so many in this group but even more about the love and power in the entire group. Congratulations to everyone who participated with stitches as well as to those, like me, who sent their love and well wishes to go with the fabric and thread. This is the best kind of healing hug.

Thank you, everyone, for the many compliments and kind words.  I am so happy I could participate in this group endeavor.  The blocks sent for Rita really inspired me with their beauty and sentiments.  I hope Rita enjoys this quilt even more than we all enjoyed making it for her.

Thank-you Everybody I am SEW happy to see this project is completed and going to Rita. It is amazing how so many people can come together in a very short time frame and create a quilt that is truly made from Love . A special thanks to Connie who got this ball rolling and Betsy for orchestrating this amazing quilt for Rita and all the APQS family members who joined and made blocks for this Angel quilt . Thank-you Again 

OMgosh that is an amazing quilt.  I also hope that her daughter gets a picture of her with the quilt.  I know the tears will flow.  Heidi, so glad to here that Rita is "ready to go home". 

Terry, thank you for starting us off with quilt suggestions and directions.  Betsy, thank you soooooooo much for taking on the job and we can all see how much love you put into it.  The quilting is beautiful and block arrangement is amazing.  Thank you everyone that made blocks, provided fabric and thread, oh, so many friends to thank.  Special thank you to those who didn't get a chance to send blocks but provided prayers. I was excited to look at this forum everyday to see the quilts progress, it gave me joy to see us coming together from all over the USA and Canada.   With all the prayers, quilt and love Rita should be up and dancing by the weekend.

Let's not let the "Angel Quilt" projects go away,  anyone can suggest making a quilt for a member or their close family, just bring it to the group.  Love you all!!!!

3 minutes ago, Gator said:

OMgosh that is an amazing quilt.  I also hope that her daughter gets a picture of her with the quilt.  I know the tears will flow.  Heidi, so glad to here that Rita is "ready to go home". 

Terry, thank you for starting us off with quilt suggestions and directions.  Betsy, thank you soooooooo much for taking on the job and we can all see how much love you put into it.  The quilting is beautiful and block arrangement is amazing.  Thank you everyone that made blocks, provided fabric and thread, oh, so many friends to thank.  Special thank you to those who didn't get a chance to send blocks but provided prayers. I was excited to look at this forum everyday to see the quilts progress, it gave me joy to see us coming together from all over the USA and Canada.   With all the prayers, quilt and love Rita should be up and dancing by the weekend.

Let's not let the "Angel Quilt" projects go away,  anyone can suggest making a quilt for a member or their close family, just bring it to the group.  Love you all!!!!

I second everything Connie said.

3 hours ago, Gator said:

Let's pick a block size, so we all might have a scrappy block all ready to be mailed out when the need arises.  Anyone want to agree on a block size?

Cagey

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Let's pick a block size, so we all might have a scrappy block all ready to be mailed out when the need arises.  Anyone want to agree on a block size?

Cagey

Can we do tthe  sizewe did for Rita's- 10"?  Lets ask Betsy how she liked working with this size a block. 

Terry

Myself, I would like to see something other than a 10-inch block.  I have started using my Accuquilt cutter to use up my fabric scraps.  I watched how well it worked at out guilds charity quilt making days.  Accuquilt only has 14 ten-inch finished block patterns while, while there are 160 six-inch finished block patterns, 170 eight-inch finished block patterns and 49 twelve-inch finished block patterns.  

An 8-inch finished block would allow more members of the forum to participate in the quilt making process, while not making the blocks too small that the quilt did not get finished.  I know by the time my work schedule allowed me to make a block, the spots were all taken.  That's my two cents worth.  In the end, I will support whatever block size the group would like to go with.

Cagey

Thank you Betsy for the amazing job you did and thank you to everyone who made blocks to make such a beautiful quilt.  Rita will love it  

I like Cagey's idea of an 8" block so more people could participate, as I was one of those that missed out. I'm not sure how easy it would be to construct and quilt a quilt with so many blocks.  It really makes no difference to me what size block is decided on. 

Deb.

1 hour ago, Quilting Heidi said:

I just heard from Rita's daughter that himself received the quilt today and will bring it to Rita tomorrow!  She is going to be so excited and feel so loved.  I wish I could just see her face when she gets it.

Oh how exciting.  I wish I could see her face too.  Thanks for the update Heidi.

You all did a fantastic job on Rita's quilt!!! Sorry I was unable to get involved, life has been a little hectic; have had a couple of deaths in the family the past couple of months here. Rita is going to so Love that quilt!!!

13 hours ago, Liam said:

You all did a fantastic job on Rita's quilt!!! Sorry I was unable to get involved, life has been a little hectic; have had a couple of deaths in the family the past couple of months here. Rita is going to so Love that quilt!!!

Liam, I am sorry for your loss. I hope you are doing okay. Prayers and hugs!!

Archived