Project Angel Quilt

2 hours ago, tootsquilts said:

I got here too late.  I would have loved to make a block for this special quilt for Rita.  I will email Heidi and get the address to send her a card.  If someone that is making 2 or 3 blocks wants to give up a block, I would love to make one.  God bless each of you for doing this special quilt.

Cathy feel free to send one from the three I spoke for. that would be fine for me you will need to request the Mailing address

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cagey said:

As a group, we should probably decide what standard size block will be used in the community angel quilts.  That way, when things a less busy and you have some fabric from your current quilt project, one could make up a angel block for future use.  As long as the quilt is scrappy most any block would work in the collective quilt.  What do you think?  I for one would like to participate in the next project when needed.

Cagey

That is a great Idea Cagey lets see how this turns out and make a decision in the near future to do that very thing.

1 hour ago, T Row Studio said:

Cathy feel free to send one from the three I spoke for. that would be fine for me you will need to request the Mailing address

Oh thank you so very much Terry.  Consider it done.  Please add me to the list.  I will get it done and also the sashing and binding. 

Thanks again

My block is done, but I don't have any white on white fabric for sashing. Can't go shopping until the end of the week so my block, sashing and binding pieces will not be mailed until friday or saturday.  I live way out of town,so have to make my trips to town count for more than one errand. But it will get there eventually.

Debbie

Have you ever had one of those moments when your brain just did not engage correctly?  Well, mine did not engage properly when I read the directions for the items that was needed.  When I read "White on white" pieces of fabric for sashing my mind said white sashing so I sent white sashing.  It wasn't until just now that I reread the list and the "light" went off.  (OR I COULD JUST SAVE FACE BY SAYING MY WHITE ON WHITE BLENDED SO WELL YOU CAN'T SEE THE DIFFERENCES IN THE WHITES)

If you don't have enough white on white fabric for sashing please let me know and I resend the sashing.  I actually have some white on white in my stash.

David, I'm sure your white will blend in, if not it can be saved for the next quilt.  I know I sent a little extra white on white so you're covered. 

Cindy, thank you for offering to help.  Rita needs lots of prayers and thoughts.  We're asking those that can't make blocks or came in late to pray for her and her hubby known as "him".    I don't know if Betsy needs funding to ship the quilt, you might message her.

Hopefully, we can keep these "quilty hugs" going when forum members are need.  We did this fairly regularly years ago and it sadly slipped away.

5 hours ago, mlsa3 said:

Have you ever had one of those moments when your brain just did not engage correctly?  Well, mine did not engage properly when I read the directions for the items that was needed.  When I read "White on white" pieces of fabric for sashing my mind said white sashing so I sent white sashing.  It wasn't until just now that I reread the list and the "light" went off.  (OR I COULD JUST SAVE FACE BY SAYING MY WHITE ON WHITE BLENDED SO WELL YOU CAN'T SEE THE DIFFERENCES IN THE WHITES)

If you don't have enough white on white fabric for sashing please let me know and I resend the sashing.  I actually have some white on white in my stash.

David, I appreciate the offer, but Connie is right and your sashing will be fine.  I am planning to mix up the sashing pieces, not attach them to the blocks with which they came, and yours will enhance whichever blocks they border.

The blocks, etc are in the mail!!!

I stopped at the grocery store this morning, their postal machine was down. Had to stop on my way home and the Post Office was packed!! I know why!! I used the handy dandy self serve computer. Thankfully there was a postal working helping to use it.

Six more lovely blocks in today's mail!

Dell (delld) - 2 blocks

Vicki (Primitive1) - 2 blocks

Cathy (tootsquilts) - 1 block

Lisa (lisae) - 1 block

Also, in addition to binding and sashing strips, several people have included money for postage.  I will only be posting the receipt of blocks here, but I am keeping a chart of who sends what, in case anyone wants to know.

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, dbams said:

Six more lovely blocks in today's mail!

Dell (delld) - 2 blocks

Vicki (Primitive1) - 2 blocks

Cathy (tootsquilts) - 1 block

Lisa (lisae) - 1 block

Also, in addition to binding and sashing strips, several people have included money for postage.  I will only be posting the receipt of blocks here, but I am keeping a chart of who sends what, in case anyone wants to know.

Thanks!!

Betsy, thank you so much for doing this. It is a huge undertaking. I know you will do a fabulous job!!

Thank you, Mary Beth!

Ann, thanks for the offer, but we are already at the point of putting a number of blocks on the back.  Rita definitely needs our prayers, and cards would mean a lot to her, I'm sure.  PM Quilting Heidi for Rita's mailing address.

I don't know how many dealers or members  know Tony O'Tool.  He is a member of the APQS Sales/Road Show team (APQS family).  He also is involved with the development of this forum.  His wife and him just had a baby delivered 7 weeks early, via emergency C-Section.  Finley Anthony O'Tool  weighted in at 3lbs 9oz. and 16in tall.   He will spend a few weeks in the NICU, mom is doing fine and will probably be home today.  I know there's a lot of you that would like to participate in Rita's quilt but the blocks are in.  If the group chooses, Finley would probably be a candidate to receive an Angel Quilt.  A baby quilt (or a mommy quilt)  wouldn't take to many blocks so it would be fairly quick to make.  If the group chooses and someone takes the lead, you could get the O'Tool's address or info from Dawn Cavanaugh.

1 hour ago, Gator said:

I don't know how many dealers or members  know Tony O'Tool.  He is a member of the APQS Sales/Road Show team (APQS family).  He also is involved with the development of this forum.  His wife and him just had a baby delivered 7 weeks early, via emergency C-Section.  Finley Anthony O'Tool  weighted in at 3lbs 9oz. and 16in tall.   He will spend a few weeks in the NICU, mom is doing fine and will probably be home today.  I know there's a lot of you that would like to participate in Rita's quilt but the blocks are in.  If the group chooses, Finley would probably be a candidate to receive an Angel Quilt.  A baby quilt (or a mommy quilt)  wouldn't take to many blocks so it would be fairly quick to make.  If the group chooses and someone takes the lead, you could get the O'Tool's address or info from Dawn Cavanaugh.

Connie, thanks for the information about Tony's baby.  I will certainly keep the O'Tool family in my prayers.

Archived