Placemat project

I made these placemats for our son, who has just taken possession on his first house. I had fabric left over from a quilt I'd made him last year and had come across some new fabric celebrating Canada's 150th Birthday this year so thought I'd stick with a similar theme to the quilt and he was fine with that. Here's a link to that quilt, if you're interested http://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/latest-finish-our-sons-new-quilt-t270046.html

Anyway, I was wanting to try out my Lenni with a small project like that, just to see how it would go.  I also like to do different backings on my placemats than just make them all the same with a solid piece of backing  I also tried some new to me modern piecing techniques.  So I finished them up today and thought I'd share.  I'm happy with them and can't wait to take them to him and see his new house!

Thanks for taking a peek!

IMG_4208.JPG

IMG_4222.JPG

Kathy,  God has blessed you with an exceptional degree of creativity.  Thanks for the link to the stunning quilt.  If I was from Canada, I'd have you make one for me.  Those placemats are just stunning.  I hope  your son uses them and realizes what a special mother he has.

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback!  It's not a big, exciting project, but one I wanted to see if I could do it on the longarm vs my Sitdown.  One has to think ahead about execution a bit differently and was happy and excited to be able to pull it off!

Archived