Quilt path won't plot safe area

Sjamey

I was quilting away when my needle broke and Millie started acting up...I quickly stopped the machine and fixed the needle. I have not been able to get started again because the safe area will not set. I have turned everything off, checked everything I can think of and nothing helps. Any suggestions?

When you fixed the results of the needle break, did you happen to unclamp your clamps?  If they aren't firmly secured, you won't be able to set the Safe Area.

Another place you can come for Quilt Path help (with a more immediate response) is our Quilt Path Users Group on Facebook.  If you're on Facebook, find me there (Barbara Mayfield - Barbara Jeanne Potter) and send me a Friend Request.  Once I've verified that you're an APQS owner with Quilt Path, I can add you to the group.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Julie, I've accepted your Friend Request and added you to the QP Facebook Page.  On your safe area check a couple of things: that the clamps are fully engaged, that you're not in Simulation Mode, that your cables are all plugged in.  Can you post a photo of the screen you see when it says your Safe Area is not set?  Maybe on the QP FB page?

• 7 months later...

Are you on the QP Facebook Page? And re: your issue: first thing to check are your clamps - are they fully engaged? That would mean straight up and then a bit over the top to lock - both of them. Is the stepping motor mounted on your table plugged in?  There are two cords that run from your power "bundle" to that motor - one has a molex (white) connection, the other has a phone cord-type connection.  Unplug both of those and replug them to make sure they are fully seated.  Then do the same thing with all the plugs that are plugged into the back part of your carriage - unplug and replug. All this should be done with your carriage, head and QP powered down, then start everything up, in that order - carriage on (switch lights up), head powered on, then tablet powered on.  Set your clamps and engage QP. If none of that works, call APQS Service in the morning and describe each step that you've taken.  Better yet, get on the QP FB page and get help ASAP.  To do that, send a friend request to one of the admins - myself, Heidi Patterson or Angela Hugli Clark - and we'll get you added.  Your APQS Rep should be able to add you, as well.

• 2 years later...
On 2/11/2017 at 11:42 PM, barbm said:

When you fixed the results of the needle break, did you happen to unclamp your clamps?  If they aren't firmly secured, you won't be able to set the Safe Area.

Another place you can come for Quilt Path help (with a more immediate response) is our Quilt Path Users Group on Facebook.  If you're on Facebook, find me there (Barbara Mayfield - Barbara Jeanne Potter) and send me a Friend Request.  Once I've verified that you're an APQS owner with Quilt Path, I can add you to the group.

I would like to be a friend on facebook.  I sent a friend request.  Thank you